What's wrong with By the pain I see in others?

It does have a really aggressive vibe...

Like it's just a bunch of fury and hate, and not enough song.

Still a powerful track.

ThreadNecro.jpg

I'm a total sucker for Deliverance. The album is just pure quallity, I dunno why really.
This being said I think this closing song is the weakest, HOWEVER, still a great song. Would agree about it being a bit disjointed.

I had to take a good listen to this song when this thread popped up again. I read all the posts, and analyzed the song with all the different opinions in mind. Ruling? I have one comment.

This.
Song.
Fucking.
Rules.

I concur. This might be one of my top favourites, along with the whole album.

I like By The Pain I See In Others. Sure, it's not the best Opeth song, but it's not bad at all, not by a long shot. In my opinion, it's not even the weakest song on Deliverance (that "honour" goes to Wreath, which isn't necessarily bad either, but it is a bit redundant).

IMO it's just the song order. Wreath is so abrupt as an opener, and BTPISIO isn't your traditional Opeth leaving number.

If Wreath and BTPISIO were somewhere in the middle of the album, Deliverance would have a completely different feel.

Then again, perhaps Wreath's abruptness is what makes Deliverance so pungent in comparison to the rest of the discography.

Oh, good. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I usually find myself losing interest right after "Master's Apprentices" finishes. Like others have said, it has its moments, but as a song... eh.

I just would like to know where I can find that twisted creepy circus interlude...cause I know I've heard it in another place...cheers!:headbang:

Ha I can so see you pedalling consistently and then the first Rise To Submission comes in and you go absolutely nuts! only to calm down for the 2nd verse. Quality stuff, I've never ridden in the cold before while listening to Opeth, sounds like a great idea..

Lol, I've only seen this now with the bump thread. Still cycling and listening to metal. Great for interval/sprints and passing people I tell yous, but gotta be careful!:loco: