What's Your Favorite Hair Metal Album(s)?

Wicked Child

DYNO-MITE!
Mar 4, 2003
Vista, CA
Visit site
Pop or "hair" metal is often considered a guilty pleasure. So if it is for you, time to spill the beans!!! What are your favorite hair metal albums?

The top ones on my list are Def Leppard's "Pyromania" and Dokken's "Tooth And Nail". Regarless of what genre they are, they are classics. I love 'em both.

Wicked Child said:
Pop or "hair" metal is often considered a guilty pleasure. So if it is for you, time to spill the beans!!! What are your favorite hair metal albums?

The top ones on my list are Def Leppard's "Pyromania" and Dokken's "Tooth And Nail". Regarless of what genre they are, they are classics. I love 'em both.

Here's my picks(I trimmed it down to a handful):
Def Leppard-Hysteria(refined their sound & they have never topped it)
Motley Crue-Dr. Feelgood(see Hysteria)
Motley Crue-S/T(highly underrrated, great vocals, incredible drum sound, Lee sounds like he had Pamela's face taped on the heads!)
Black N Blue-Anything.
Dokken-Under Lock & Key(this one is better than even the B.F.T.A. disc)
WASP-Inside the Electric Circus
WASP-Headless Children
Badlands-S/T(incredible riffage by Jake E. Lee!)
Cinderella-Night Songs(harder edge stuff, than what they did later on.)
I would recommend Grst Hts By Warrant, Cinderella, Black 'N Blue, Def Leppard, Dokken, Krokus... Why?! Frankly a Grst Hts pacakge is all you really need....:D

Any Dokken--Back for the Attack has Lynch at his most masterful, but Tooth n' Nail and Under Lock and Key are also incredible. Lynch paid a terrible price to keep the rest of that band relevant.

Y&T--Black Tiger. Well, maybe not a "hair band" per se, but still. Great heavy, commercial blues rock.

TNT--Tell No Tales. Hit & Miss affair, but some of it I really enjoy. The CD is mastered WAY too softly though :(

--S

Everybody talks shit about how much nu-metal blows goats (mostly it's true) but hair metal is also pretty garbage. So I would like to say BOO to hair metal. No offence if you all like listen to it. If you want to..be my guest.

MURAI said:
Everybody talks shit about how much nu-metal blows goats (mostly it's true) but hair metal is also pretty garbage. So I would like to say BOO to hair metal. No offence if you all like listen to it. If you want to..be my guest.

Wow. I'm getting all these positive vibes from you. How miserable is it in Canada?!:D I know you're crankin' some Helix right now...
Maybe some Kim Mitchell?! How about Alias?! Or.....:p

WASP - Wasp I
MOTELY CRUE - Shout at Devil
TWISTED SISTER - Under the Blade
GUNS n ROSES - Appetite for Destruction
LA GUNS - Cocked and Loaded
KIX - Blow my Fuse
RATT- Out of the Cellar
SKID ROW - Skid Row I

If you are going with Def Leppard by all means go with "high and dry" before Mutt Lang screwed up the sound on Pyromania and Hysteria

KIX !!!!!

They were the best hair metal band that never got any recognition.

Right behind them would be:

MOTLEY CRUE
DOKKEN

Cinderella - Night Songs
White Lion - Pride
Dokken - Under Lock And Key
Europe - Out Of This World
Guns And Roses - Appetite For Destruction
Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In
Warrant - Cherry Pie
Stryper - To Hell With The Devil

I was into this kind of music for literally only a few months before I moved on to heavier stuff, so I can't say that I have a ton of favorites. Most of the bands listed remind of being tortured watching Headbanger's Ball, waiting for the 1 or 2 thrash videos.

However, of the bands mentioned, I still think to this day that Motley Crue's Too Fast For Love is one of the best rock records of all time.

Nearly all my fave albums are hair metal albums...

Vinnie Vincent Invasion
Skid Row
WASP
Motley Crue - Shout At The Devil
Motley Crue - Dr Feelgood
Motley Crue - Too Fast For Love
Warrant - DRFSR
Alice Cooper - Trash
Dokken - Back For The Attack
Dokken - Under Lock & Key
Ratt - Out Of The Cellar
Ratt - Invasion Of Your Privacy
Ratt - Dancing Undercover
Ratt - Detonator
Poison - Open Up & Say...Ahh!
Poison - Flesh & Blood
Cinderella - Night Songs
Britny Fox - Boys In Heat
Cats In Boots - Kicked & Klawed
Twisted Sister - Stay Hungry
Def Leppard - High N Dry
Def Leppard - Pyromania
TNT - Tell No Tales
Firehouse - Hold Your Fire
Slaughter - The Wild Life
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Bon Jovi - New Jersey

Should I go on?!?! :headbang:

Ah heres one I can sink my teeth into!!!

Motley Crue-Every Album!!!
Warrant-Cherry pie
Warrant-Dog Eat Dog
Stryper-Against the Law
Winger-Pull
Poison-Flesh and Blood
Cinderella-Long Cold Winter
Quiet Riot-Condition Critical
Quiet Riot-Metal Health
Wasp-Every Album!!!
Slaughter-The Wild Life
Slaughter-Stick it to ya
Def Leppard-Hysteria
Ratt-Out of The Cellar(1 of my all time favorites!)
Ratt-Dancing Undercover
Ratt-Reach for the sky
L.A. Guns-Cocked and loaded
L.A. Guns-Hollywood Vampires
L.A. Guns-Vicous Circle
L.A. Guns-Waking The Dead
Guns And Roses-Appetite for destruction
Guns And Roses-Use Your Illusions 2
Tesla-The great radio Contraversy
Tesla-Bust A Nut
Tesla-Mechical Resonace
Skid Row-Slave to the grind

If I thought about it more I could go on for a few days I own thousands of albums the hair metal is just a small portion of the METAL I own :headbang:

Hey TROOPER & JOHHNY

I will have to check out a couple on your list:
Firehouse
Cats in Boots
TNT

How come no Twisted Sister for You? I just recently broke down and checked them out......they really rock even if Dee Snider looks like a clown, this really surprised me.

Firehouse rock.... The guitars are very much like early Ratt but the vocals are more smooth and melodic, not as sleazy/bad attitude like Ratt.

TNT are very Euro sounding I think... huge high vocals and big AOR choruses but with hair metal riffs etc. They're great.

And Cats In Boots are pretty much like Appetite era Guns N Roses with some AC/DC and early Crue mixed in as well, really high on energy and lots of grooves and attitude!

Killer Dwarfs - Stand Tall
Keel - The Right to Rock
Helix - Long Way to Heaven
Skid Row