What's Your Latest Dissapointment?

J.J.D.

Freelance Journalist
Oct 13, 2002
Victoria
jjdonnelly.blogspot.com
It's been a little quiet around here of late, so I thought it was time to throw a subject out to you people and find out what your thoughts are.

While every step is taken, and the research is done (Reading reviews and listening to the hype), you can't help but every now and then buy what you thought was going to a great album, and end up with one that will gather dust within your collection.

So, getting to the point, what album or music D.V.D. that you bought recently that turned into a big dissapointment.

I'll start off with one of my most recent purchases, the Black Sabbath D.V.D. 'The Black Sabbath Story Volume Two'. I owned it on video some years ago, and when I heard it was going to be released on D.V.D., I thought they might clean it up a bit.

How wrong was I! The promotion video clips are still incomplete, and the whole thing reeks of record company cash in!

Don't be shy people. We all make mistakes from time to time. Let us in on your pearls of wisdom (Or words of warnings).

probably the biggest dissapointment for me is that there has been no developments in the Van Halen saga, yeah i know it aint metal but i fuckin love that band!

:D

Nile - In their Darkened Shrines
I fucking love this band, and i still think they album is fucking good, but i was expecting more from this album.

Nile!! really...man, you had highe xpectations. I thought it was absolutely crushing.
My biggest disappointment for 2002 is probably the BLIND GUARDIAN disc 'Opera'. It has been lauded in most metal circles, and I do like it in parts, but it is highly over-produced and in comparison to the awesome 'Middle Earth' disc...Opera kinda blows!!