What's your limit for a gig ticket?

dreamwatch

Syntax error
The £5 Metallica show has got me thinking...

What's the highest amount you would pay for a gig ticket, and who would that be for?

Over here you're looking at £30 - £50 ($65 - $108) a ticket, depending on band and venue, but I wold pay more for the right band. I think I'd go as far as £100 for the Foo Fighters, and if they could get all three surviving members of Queen on stage I'd probably go the same.

So, what's a band worth to ya? :)

I paid $150 for Maiden, and I can't say I'd be keen to go above that. I did sign up for that fan club thingy beforehand so I could get a good ticket though, so I suppose I shoujld add on whatever that cost.

depends on the show and how much I would go.

most so far has been $150 for Maiden but would go up to $200 if it was something purely amazing once in a lifetime.
though I do deserve the right to bitch about paying $200 for a ticket, no matter how amazing it shall be.

I paid $175 for Kiss earlier this year. I'd probably pay more than that for the following:

Maiden
Bruce Springsteen
Rush

Not that Rush would ever tour Australia, so I'd have to pay a couple of thousand for an airfare like I did when I had to go to London to see Maiden in 2006.

Most i paid was $150 For Maiden last tour but considering wenr and seen them 4 times that is $600 Plus air Fares another $600 plus accomadation $500 then BEER well lets not go there

Oh yeah, original GnR, or with Matt Sorum. Shit I'd pay a lot for that.

Do we count the money people spend on flying to other cities to see shows, or is that another separate expense because they make a fun trip out of it?

No, you can count air fares. In which case 2 Foo gigs cost me £700! Ok, ok, I already actually had the flight booked... and I didn't even buy the gig tickets... thanks Nige! :D

Ok, if we're talking about dream line ups and what we'd pay, well shit, that's a whole new ball game.

70's Queen - Realistically, I'd got to a couple of grand for this.

80's Queen - Last tour, '86, a grand I reckon.

Original GnR - oh, how it pains me to say that I actually had tickets to see the original line up at Wembley Stadium and I bloody sold them... don't even ask. Now? If we were transporting in a time machine so they were young and fresh, then a grand. If we're just talking about a reunion, about £200.

The most I ever paid was £95 for bloodstock. I'd pay it again for an open air, multiple day concert.

You didn't go to Maiden then, Terry?

Shit yeah, I'd pay massive amounts if Freddie could be resurrected. I'm tempted to ask about how you came to sell the Wembley GnR tickets, Bev.... :)

nah mate didn't have the money lol, but now that im working quite abit i can get back into the scene well back into the scene :D tis why im going to Carcass with bells on lol

The £5 Metallica show has got me thinking...

What's the highest amount you would pay for a gig ticket, and who would that be for?

Over here you're looking at £30 - £50 ($65 - $108) a ticket, depending on band and venue, but I wold pay more for the right band. I think I'd go as far as £100 for the Foo Fighters, and if they could get all three surviving members of Queen on stage I'd probably go the same.

So, what's a band worth to ya? :)

...A blow job

For my first Euro festival experience, my costs added up quite significantly. The main point of the trip was to see bands, but that wasn't the only reason, and the cost could be divided among the many quality acts that I saw. I have never travelled specifically to see only one band.

I paid $150 for Maiden but generally speaking $100 is about my limit. I would have paid much more for Dream Theater - was going to do the VIP ticket thing but the fuckers went off early and sold out before they even went on sale :(

I can't think of any bands I really REALLY want to see that I haven't yet whom could command a crazy ticket price from me. Biomechanical, Sylvan, Adagio, Freak Kitchen etc wouldn't be likely to tour Australia at the best of times and even if they did they would be nuts to ask big biccies for tickets. Maybe Racer X if that ever happens...

I don't know how much I'd pay if the original Gunners line-up toured. I doubt I'd be able to get tickets.
If Pink Floyd reformed.... Skies the limit!
I'd pay up to $150 again if Paul McCartney toured.
In both instances yeah, I'd cough up a fair bit more than $100. If someone could resurrect Dimebag for a Pantera show I'd pay $1,000,000 for a ticket too (since, in a reality where such things were possible, I'd also be a billionaire anyway). Matos-era Angra, Theory In Practice, Friedman-era Megadeth, A.R.K. and Lemur Voice would all go on that million dollar list too.

I paid $96 to see the Stones in 1995 and I thought that would be the most I'd ever pay to see a band until the $110 or whatever it was I forked out for Maiden. But considering that was 13 years later, the price comparison is about even. I doubt I'd pay more than $150 to see anyone unless it was some total legend I'd never seen and was unlikely to see again, like Bob Dylan. About from Zeppelin and Sabbath, the only band I consider legendary that I've yet to see live is Cold Chisel, and they wouldn't charge that much.

I paid $96 to see the Stones in 1995 and I thought that would be the most I'd ever pay to see a band until the $110 or whatever it was I forked out for Maiden. But considering that was 13 years later, the price comparison is about even. I doubt I'd pay more than $150 to see anyone unless it was some total legend I'd never seen and was unlikely to see again, like Bob Dylan. About from Zeppelin and Sabbath, the only band I consider legendary that I've yet to see live is Cold Chisel, and they wouldn't charge that much.

Cold Chisel might charge that much actually. i think i paid $100 to see Chisel play at the Hordern a couple of years ago.