What's your limit for a gig ticket?

I paid $96 to see the Stones in 1995 and I thought that would be the most I'd ever pay to see a band until the $110 or whatever it was I forked out for Maiden. But considering that was 13 years later, the price comparison is about even. I doubt I'd pay more than $150 to see anyone unless it was some total legend I'd never seen and was unlikely to see again, like Bob Dylan. About from Zeppelin and Sabbath, the only band I consider legendary that I've yet to see live is Cold Chisel, and they wouldn't charge that much.

gee very envious Gore ... Stones 1995 WOW that would have been gr8 too. i was looking at my tickets the other day 1984 DEEP PURPLE $20 , STATUS QUO $43 1997 .... then its usually in the $100's after that ....

gee very envious Gore ... Stones 1995 WOW that would have been gr8 too. i was looking at my tickets the other day 1984 DEEP PURPLE $20 , STATUS QUO $43 1997 .... then its usually in the $100's after that ....

They were awesome actually. I got my tix thru my girlfriend who worked for Warners. By the time of the show we'd split up and the tickets were miles from the stage so we could hardly see. I got my brother a ticket a couple of days before and he had better seats than us.

$20 for Purple in 84? That would have been a fortune for the time.

They were awesome actually. I got my tix thru my girlfriend who worked for Warners. By the time of the show we'd split up and the tickets were miles from the stage so we could hardly see. I got my brother a ticket a couple of days before and he had better seats than us.

And 4 of us drove from BOURKE to see them .

paying $65 to see Carcass is so cheap when for me in importance it'd be the same as seeing Guns N Roses reunite with orig members sans a couple.

anyone missing out on Carcass is crazy

I just paid $215 for the ticket plus $2500 in airfares to see Firefest V in Nottingham next month :)

But 2 weeks after, while I'm still there, Black N Blue are also doing 3 dates in England for 15 pounds each show... And I also have a ticket to see Scorpions at Hammersmith a week before Firefest, so it's making the trip more & more worthwhile!

:headbang:

Ah, Rock City - awesome place, a bit like the Palace. I got picked up there once, which makes it rock even more! :headbang:

Rockin!! :headbang:

Yeah I'll be in London for most of the trip as a "base" but also seein bands in Nottingham (Firefest), Birmingham (Tigertailz), Sheffield (Black N Blue) & Dudley (Black N Blue) and going to Sweden, Denmark, Germany, France & Holland :)

I camped out for 12 hours to get tickets to the Stones at SCG in 1995. ended up being 4 rows from the front! that was an awesome experince.

Deep Purple 84 i think i was 2 rows from the back at the ent cent.

If we are including airfares/accomodation then AC/DC 2001 was my most expensive tour. 9 concerts (sydney 6,brisbane 2, canberra 1).flights to brisbane and canberra.accomodation in canberra and brisbane. a very expensive fortnight but a whole heap of fun!

i think the most i've spent on a single event would have been around $400
for a state of origin rugby league game. 90 minute cruise from Darling Harbour up the river to Homebush with food and alcohol supplied.short bus trip from the wharf to the Olympic stadium.Premium tickets right on halfway.back on the bus to the wharf and then another 90 minute cruise(more food and alcohol) back to Darling Harbour.

I also did this same cruise yesterday for the Grand final but this one was paid for by someone else.