What's your most anticipated musical moment at PP6 ?

edgeofthorns said:
David Readman and the boys bringin' some 80's style hardrock to Earthlink! Heck, I may wear my Whitesnake shirt that night! :)

I cant wait to hear them play "Shame"!! PC69 is my main reason for coming this year, the rest is gravy!

Seeing Andy grinning from ear to ear, because he knows he's kicking everyone's ass.....again!

Getting Andy back this year rules! Is it too early to cast my vote for Brainstorm to return next year! Andy should be at every PP!!

Though I am not particularly a fan of Strato, I think when they do "Hunting High and Low" they will tear the place down. An anthemic song like that usually goes over great live.

Bryant

Stratovarius's whole set will go down great. They are a great live band(assuming Timo is in key that day).

The only question, besides the above, is how much "Maniac Dance" will set back the momentum. I think most of what I've heard of the new album sounds good, but Maniac Dance is a glaring exception and response to that one song seems to be universally negative. "Fight" and "Just Carry On" are very good and would probably go down live better.

DarkTide said:
Mine is clearly Conception's upcoming performance, but in particular it's when they play Cardinal Sin. I very well could go a tad bit goofy when that moment arrives. I know that there is a great chance that moment will be my favorite musical moment of the whole event, and when it happens it will blow my doors off. I've pinpointed that moment as my most anticipated musical moment of PP6.

Do any you folks have a musical moment pinpointed already?

Believe it or not, the first thing that came to mind when I read the question was Conception... playing Cardinal Sin. :D How great is that going to be? And I plan on being be there, standing right next to you (probably being goofy). :)

Shaye

The First note Rusty Cooley plays, and all the others he plays, followed by DC Cooper. The Pre Party will be awesome .................... then when Circus Maximus begins well, that is just my opinion.

lady_space said:
Believe it or not, the first thing that came to mind when I read the question was Conception... playing Cardinal Sin. :D How great is that going to be? And I plan on being be there, standing right next to you (probably being goofy). :)

Shaye
That's going to be awesome. We can get goofy together.

Britt

1. Orphaned Land's acoustic set. If they don't play "Mercy" I'll start a ri-ott. :)

2. Angra, maybe doing a synchronized tribal drumming jam like they did last time. I thought that was really cool and my camera was full -- by the time I cleared some room, it was over. :(

3. Conception kicking out some songs from Flow -- great understated disc.

4. Orphaned Land, and the first six or so tracks from Mabool. If they don't play "Halo Dies," well....see above comments about a rii-ott. :D

5. Therion....well, probably their entire set, but particularly "Typhon," "Wings of the Hydra," "Cults of the Shadow," "Summernight City," "Nightside of Eden"*, and of course, "To Mega Therion" -- which was the song on the radio here** that first got me hooked on 'em.

6. Glenn pissing on Jens' leg during Stratovarius's set. :tickled:

---
* they probably won't play this one, damnit
** on WREKage, not commercial radio, of course

1. Stratovarius playing Million Lightyears Away and Fight!!!
2. Conception playing Under a Mourning Star.
3. Manticora playing Playing God.

I would think that with Orphaned Land getting a combined two hours, they'll play just about everything off Mabool. Especially since it's the only album that got wide release.

DarkTide said:
Do any you folks have a musical moment pinpointed already?
When Glenn gets on stage and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very sorry but Stratovarius had to cancel. Luckily, I was able to get (insert any band from "List of Acceptable Stratovarius Replacements")."

List of Acceptable Stratovarius Replacements:

After Forever
Agalloch
Aina
Amaran
Amon Amarth
Amorphis
Andromeda
Angel Dust
Anthrax
Antimatter
Arch Enemy
Archetype
Arcturus
Ark
Armored Saint
Aska
Aska
Astral Doors
Ayreon
Babylon A.D.
Balance of Power
Beyond the Embrace
Beyond Twilight
Black Label Society
Blind Guardian
Bloodbath
Brainstorm
Cage
Cea Serin
Charon
Children of Bodom
Corrosion of Conformity
Cradle of Filth
Crimson Glory
Crowbar
Dali's Dilemma
Dark Tranquillity
Daylight Dies
Dead Soul Tribe
Death Machine
Decapitated
Demons & Wizards
DGM
Dimmu Borgir
Dio
Dokken
Drudkh
Edguy
Eidolon
Elsesphere
Empyrium
Enslaved
Event
Evergrey
Eyefear
Falconer
Fall of the Leafe
Fates Warning
Fifth Angel
Finntroll
Fireball Ministry
Freak Kitchen
Gamma Ray
God Dethroned
God Forbid
Gordian Knot
Gov't. Mule
Green Carnation
Hades
Hammerfall
Hammers of Misfortune
Helloween
I Mother Earth
Iced Earth
Impellitteri
In Flames
Incubus
Into Eternity
Ion Vein
Isis
Jacob's Dream
Jag Panzer
Kamelot
Kataklysm
Katatonia
Killswitch Engage
King Diamond
King's X
Kingdom Come
L.A. Guns
Lacuna Coil
Lamb of God
Lanfear
Leatherwolf
Liquid Tension Experiment
Magnitude 9
Manowar
Masterplan
Mechanical Poet
Mercenary
Mercyful Fate
Metal Church
Monster Magnet
Moonsorrow
Morgion
Mystic Prophecy
Neurosis
Nevermore
Nightfall
Nightingale
Nightwish
November's Doom
Novembre
The Old Dead Tree
Opeth
Overkill
Pagan's Mind
Pharoah
Platitude
Poisonblack
Porcupine Tree
Power of Omens
Pretty Maids
Primal Fear
Primodial
Prophet
Pyramaze
The Quiet Room
The Quill
Rage
Redemption
Riverside
Sanvoisen
Savatage
Section A
Seemless
Sentenced
Shaman
Silent Force
Sinergy
Sixty Watt Shaman
Sleepless
Soilwork
Solace
Spiritual Beggars
Star One
Suidakra
Supershine
Superior
Susperia
Symphony X
Tad Morose
Tarot
Theocracy
Threshold
Tora Tora
Twelth Gate
Unmoored
Vanden Plas
Vintersorg
Virgin Black
Virgin Steele
Vital Remains
Warlock
Warrior Soul
WASP
White Zombie
Winds
Wolverine
Zero Hour

Zod

General Zod said:
When Glenn gets on stage and says, "Ladies and gentlemen, I'm very sorry but Stratovarius had to cancel. Luckily, I was able to get (insert any band from "List of Acceptable Stratovarius Replacements")."

LOL. I'd create that same list but substitute Stratovarius and make the list applicable to Hammerfall. :)