What's your 'ultimate Seventh Wonder setlist'?

Kazar

SW-moderator
May 14, 2007
If you could choose which songs Seventh Wonder should play at a concert, which songs would you pick... :headbang: ?
One rule: let's keep the maximum time to 80 minutes, like a regular Seventh Wonder concert (so no, they can't play all 4 albums live :) ).

Welcome To Mercy Falls
Unbreakable
The Angelmaker
King Of Whitewater
Break The Silence
Hide And Seek

-

Pieces
The Great Escape

Time 80:22 (lets say 80 minutes exactly if we cut out a bit of the fade out / silence from the end of TGE). The gap represents an intermission of sorts (it would seem stupid to call the second part an encore since it's nearly half the show).

Ideally though I'd love to see a "not normal" show with the entire Mercy Falls live followed by The Great Escape (song) as an encore. If Seventh Wonder ever somehow got the chance to do a DVD I think that's what they should do, rather than just a normal show where they play their live staples. Not that any live show on DVD wouldn't be good, but Mercy Falls live in it's entirety would be a real spectacle.

Wiseman
Welcome to Mercy Falls
Unbreakable
The Edge of My Blade
One Last Goodbye
A Day Away
Break the Silence
Move on Through
Pieces
--
The Great Escape

Just over 80 minutes (I think). This is too difficult haha

As RuRoRul said, a concert with Mercy Falls followed by The Great Escape as an encore would be spectacular, and iirc, Andreas would love to do it aswell :p I think I'd be willing to fly anywhere in the world to see this.

Oh boy...this is quite exciting to think about.

Wiseman
King of Whitewater
Unbreakable
The Edge of My Blade
Walking Tall
Waiting in the Wings
Move on Through
Long Way Home
Break the Silence
The Great Escape

I apologize but my list is around 90 minutes long, so let's pretend that SW is headlining and has some extra time haha. I also couldn't agree more with RuRoRul, listening to Mercy Falls in it's entirety and then The Great Escape (the song, not the album) as an encore would be phenomenal...I think I would cry. Of course being able to listen to SW preform every album live throughout the period on one day would be even more awesome, but that's quite far fetched.

This is just terribly difficult.

Taint the Sky
Hide and Seek
A Day Away
Alley Cat
Unbreakable
Break the Silence
Tears For a Father
The Edge of My Blade

The Great Escape

And like everyone else, I feel that this Mercy Falls/Great Escape concert needs to happen.

I actually refuse to keep a setlist at 80 minutes. Why, well because I think they should play longer than 80 minutes during a headliner show. :cool: No really, there are enough albums and songs to choose from, they could play easily 90 minutes or how about 120 minutes? If Rush can play three hours, I'm sure our guys can do 120 minutes!

But I have to say I don't really have a dream setlist. I just wanted to misuse this topic to draw out my thoughts about my wish to hear songs I haven't heard live before. I was lucky enough to see Seventh Wonder three times so far and even that they got more awesome with each concert, one thing I find a bit sad is the static setlist. It's usually the same core-set and I think it would be cool to bring in new songs. I would love to hear "Paradise", "King Of Whitewater" or "The Angelmaker" for example. :D

^ Ditto. It's annoying when bands play the same songs every show. >.> Especially when one of the songs in question involves char-broiling witches and you happen to be a Wiccan. :lol:
I agree about Paradise, King of Whitewater, and Angelmaker, but my ideal setlist would never happen. :( Because it involves a cover that they could never do. ...Because it's friggin' Conception. :lol: And that, would look really lame for poor Tommy. It's a shame, because SW could really do an awesome job with their stuff... Imagine Tommy singing Silent Crying! :oops:
As far as songs they could actually play, :lol: I'd want to hear Wiseman, Waiting in the Wings, Banish the Wicked, and Welcome to Mercy Falls, along with the the three mentioned above. The rest can be mish-moshed to fit the time limit.

Alley Cat
Taint the Sky
In the Blink Of An Eye
Walking Tall
King of Whitewaters
Devil's Inc
Move on Trough
The Angelmaker
Long Way Home
[The Great Escape] (We all know this will not happen...)

First, I would be so happy to see Seventh Wonder live that I could care less which of their songs were played. I love them all.

If I could choose, however, I would choose:

The Great Escape (ha, ha)
Whitewater
Waiting In The Wings
Tainted Sky
Angelmaker
Devil's Inc
Black Parade
Alley Cat
Move On Through
Edge of My Blade
Hide and Seek

Oh, forget it! I want to hear them all LIVE! :hotjump:

Please excuse misspellings, etc., as I did my list without cds in hand. :worship:

Welcome to Mercy Falls
Alley Cat
Taint the Sky
Unbreakable
Tears for a Father
Hide and Seek
Move on Through
King of Whitewater
The Black Parade

Encore:

Break the Silence
One Last Goodbye
The Great Escape

[The Great Escape] (We all know this will not happen...)

Why not?

Anyway here's my wishlist with room for variations. Both versions around 70 minutes, so that makes an 80 minute gig.

1. Taint the Sky
2. Wiseman/Not an Angel
3. There and Back + Welcome to Mercy Falls
4. Tears for a Father + A Day Away
5. Break the Silence/The Angelmaker
6. The Edge of My Blade
---
7. The Great Escape

I would like to hear whole "Mercy Falls" of course...

My other wishlist is:

Taint The Sky
The Edge Of My Blade
Banish The Wicked
Walking Tall
A New Beginning
Then And Back
Break The Silence
Wiseman
Alley Cat
Move On Through

In no particular order, I just listed them by album because it was easier (except for the encore). It's a bit long - a bit under 110 minutes I think - but making it shorter was impossible for me :rofl:

Set:
Star of David
Taint the Sky
Banish the Wicked
Not an Angel
The Edge of My Blade
Pieces
Welcome to Mercy Falls
Unbreakable
Tears For a Father
Break the Silence
Hide and Seek
One Last Goodbye
Alley Cat

Encore:
The Great Escape

Wiseman - Great energy right from the get-go. Get's the crowd excited.
Welcome to Mercy Falls - Let's face it, damn near everyone wants it, it's a live staple and one hell of a song.
Unbreakable - Can you think of a better way to cap off this kind of energy?
Become - Now that you got the crowd full of adrenaline, establish an intimate connection with them. Also a great transition to throw some older stuff in too.
The Angelmaker - Do I even need to justify this one? Possibly one of their best songs. It's also a high energy song to built up to...
The Great Escape - Is there a dream SW setlist that doesn't include this? One of the most beautiful pieces of crescendo filled musicianship I've ever heard!

Not sure what that works out to, but if you take out a lot of the fade outs and take into account that bands typically talk to the crowd a fair amount. I'm sure this would be acceptable and no one would be left unsatisfied. Even though I didn't include anything from Waiting in the Wings in there...

This would be a personal Dream-setlist to be a part of (not in this order though):

Unbreakable
The Black Parade
Hide and Seek
Banish the Wicked
Waiting in the Wings
The Edge of my Blade
Not an Angel
Pieces
Move on through
Destiny Calls
The Angelmaker

and my final suggestion would be:
a cover of Symphony X's "Candlelight Fantasia"! (would love to hear a version of this one by you guys)

I think these songs have a variation that would satisfy a concert exeprience for me by far.

You have lots of great songs, it was really hard to pick..

~80 min

Wiseman - Great energy right from the get-go. Get's the crowd excited.
Welcome to Mercy Falls - Let's face it, damn near everyone wants it, it's a live staple and one hell of a song.
Unbreakable - Can you think of a better way to cap off this kind of energy?
Become - Now that you got the crowd full of adrenaline, establish an intimate connection with them. Also a great transition to throw some older stuff in too.
The Angelmaker - Do I even need to justify this one? Possibly one of their best songs. It's also a high energy song to built up to...
The Great Escape - Is there a dream SW setlist that doesn't include this? One of the most beautiful pieces of crescendo filled musicianship I've ever heard!

Not sure what that works out to, but if you take out a lot of the fade outs and take into account that bands typically talk to the crowd a fair amount. I'm sure this would be acceptable and no one would be left unsatisfied. Even though I didn't include anything from Waiting in the Wings in there...
Hey, another SW fan from Canada? That makes at least 4 of us! Totally enough to book a gig :D
Well, I would be so happy to see Seventh Wonder live that I wouldn't really be able to complain about any setlist. But I think some of the songs from TGE would work great live. Especially The Angelmaker-- it's one of my favorite songs from any band.