What's your ultimate "summer" time album?

Cinderella- Greatest Hits or Night Songs
Any Tom Petty
Any Motley Crue (except the s/t album)
Beautiful Creatures- s/t
Y&T- Contagious or Down for the Count
Mob Rules- Savage Land
Sweet- Desolation Blvd

Strato works too...try sitting on a beach with a few Captain & Cokes, a good book, and a bunch of Stratovarius blaring in your ears. This will only work if you actually like Strato, obviously.:heh:

and of course the ultimate "summer" music...
THE RAMONES:kickass:

Very hard to nail it down to 2 or 3 so here's a list of some that bring back great of memories (actually, most of these are spun year round!):

Kiss - Asylum
Lizzy Borden - Visual Lies
Poison - Look What The Cat Dragged In
Judas Priest - Turbo
Rush - Roll The Bones
Tyketto - Don't Come Easy
Loudness - Thunder in the East
Bon Jovi - Slippery When Wet
Shark Island - Law of the Land
Fifth Angel - Time Will Tell
Loverboy - Get Lucky
Ratt - Invasion Of Your Privacy

....the list is endless.

Anything classic metal that involves me driving around with my windows completely down rocking out.

Think stuff like Dio - Holy Diver, and the like.

Gosh as a teenager I listened to Lucifer Friend's first and played alot of Grand Funk's Red album(my brothers bitched why I played one 8 track all the time lol)

Dating myself here, but Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band by The Beatles. Summer of 1968 (I think), it was the most anticipated album release I can ever remember. We had three rock radio stations and they were all playing ALL tracks!! No one played the entire record at one time, but playing ALL tracks off an album was unheard of at that time. Damn, it did not dissapoint. They were in the studio for months and considering the disarray the band was in at that time, it's a miracle they even finished the damn thing!! With no digital and only 4 tracks to work with, that album has withstood the test of time. Great thread!!

Chris :headbang:

Because it's just cool to blast that stuff in your car, I think. Most classic 80s metal is this way.

And by 80s metal, I mean metal: not Bon Jovi and not hair metal/cock rock. :ill:

But that's got its place as well. Elitist. :b ;)

I have so many that come to mind, it's hard to say. One album that I always pull out especially in the summer, and that I love to drive around with it blasting, is Empire. Why? Who knows? I also pull out Karma in the car a lot in the summer--that's one album that turns me into a cheesy power metal fan instantly. I have caught myself playing air drums more than once to it.

I do know Bryant took me for a ride in his convertible the other week, and driving around listening to Black Sabbath, Foreigner, and Vanden Plas with the top down was pretty cool though technically not yet summer. :) It was like it was 1992 all over again, except for the psycho ex-wife. lol

Because it's just cool to blast that stuff in your car, I think. Most classic 80s metal is this way.

And by 80s metal, I mean metal: not Bon Jovi and not hair metal/cock rock. :ill:

...but cock rock screams summer time fun dude! If you listen to RATT and don't get a sense of salty air, girls wearing bikinis and tonight's party or show, then there's something wrong!

Danger Danger - self titled. That album just screams "running down the beach!"

Heavenly Call just hit the nail on the head! :kickass:

~Brian~

We don't have proper summer here so any album will do :D

Here is my abreviated list of Summertime Nuggets:

AC/DC - Highway to Hell
Boston- Boston
Dokken - Tooth and Nail/Under Lock and Key
Accept - Metal Heart (I cut many a lawn cranking this baby)
Scorpions -Blackout
Axe - Offering
Y&T - Black Tiger