When All Is Said Double CD vs Digi-pack?

well, I've been very musical from the womb
my parents told me that whenever my dad played the piano or played records I'd be shredding on my embelical chord and double bassdrumming on my mom's belly...

When I was 3 I already knew how to put the records on the vinyl player without scratching them and used to rock constantly to the beatles' Hard day's night which I still own and is in tip top shape...

so if this is genetic, and my wife has the whole musical thing in her gene pool too it's quite possible my kids would be rocking out even to death metal.

someone should write baby rock(not the Dag Swanö kind of baby rock:lol: ) but rock music for babies like there's classical music for babies

I don't understand why the Crimsons were put on one disc. They could have been put at the endings of the two CDs, thus erasing the necessity of the cuts.

I have listened to Crimson 2 at least 20 times and wonder if I'll be able to tell the difference... ah well, still waiting for the order... are the lyrics for both Crimsons included in the best of? If they are, is there any reasons to keep the old versions?

Neither Crimson lyrics are included, and the cuts to the songs are nothing major. You should be able to tell the most difference to Crimson II. And of course you should keep the old versions, they're classics!

Neither Crimson lyrics are included, and the cuts to the songs are nothing major. You should be able to tell the most difference to Crimson II. And of course you should keep the old versions, they're classics!

totally agree!
It's really a shame for having no Crimsons lyrics on it...I was kind of hoping for an extra thick booklet...
and yeah the changes are minor...mostly cut off some silence and some minor parts to make both crimsons blend in well.

If you rip the entire album as a single wav you can use this modified cue sheet to get two tracks:

PHP:
PERFORMER "Edge Of Sanity"
TITLE "Crimson"
FILE "cd2.wav" WAVE
  TRACK 01 AUDIO
    TITLE "Crimson"
    INDEX 01 00:00:00
  TRACK 02 AUDIO
    TITLE "Crimson II"
    INDEX 01 38:38:29

90% chance you won't find it in any stores, you would have to order it online, or some small specialty music shops might carry it.

I finally got the Digipack, and it looks nice. Thanks for mentioning the forum members for voting.
I think the Crimson albums sound better with the new mastering, but I have to say that I don't think the remastering of CD 1 turned out that good. I think the songs all together are really missing some bass, they sound a bit thin. And they're pretty quiet compared to CDs of the year 2006. For example I listened to a Moonsorrow CD after that (Finnvox mastering) and it was way louder without being squashed or something.
I don't want to sound like an asshole who likes to complain, it's just my opinion. Hope you know it.

Got my copy yesterday (bout time!)
Its beautiful, I absolutely adore it! Interesting when I got to the bit of Crimson which was chopped, but hey life goes on!

I love the album art, the liner notes (I have a liner notes fetish I swear, I LOVE liner notes and these are TOP QUALITY!), everything about this album is delicious! Cool to see some familiar names in the thankyous too :)

I didn't notice that you guys mentioned the completely new "3 Visions" part in Crimson II, yet!

When I heard this for the first time I was like
:OMG: for 20 seconds.

I'd love to know whether Dan had recently put out his growls again for that part.

"Secure from the world, the child remained hidden
A serpent disguised in the Garden of Eden
And all who looked down on this newly born babe
Were ignorant now of the path this would take
The people were blind to the subtle control
That was exercised daily upon every soul
With no room to question this delicate life
All fears would be drowned and all doubts would be stifled

But one single mind did stand out from the crowd
Though quiet at first - with hardly a sound
The Mother Superior harbored suspicion
Brought to her heart by three simple vision

The three visions, the Mother Superior bore
A bitter forewarning of what was in store
This infant so frail must not grow to be strong
The world was at risk if she waited too long
So veiled by the blackness of night she did creep
And enter where mother and child were both asleep
And onwards she moved to where the crib lay
She leant over the baby and started to pray
She prayed for forgiveness for what she would do
She prayed that the knife in her hand would aim true
But all of a sudden she was now paralyzed
The baby daughter had opened her eyes

[Lead: Mike]

And into those eyes, the woman gazed
The look in her face was both haunted and crazed
She was smothered and swamped in confusion and sadness
The first to be gripped by this foul crimson madness
This brutal psychosis could not be explained
No one single cause was suggested or blamed
But no one could think that a child was involved
And the mystery illness remained unresolved

So all seemed as normal for seven short years
A veil of deception dissolved any fears
But there was one lapse in the child's disguise
And that could be seen in the depths of her eyes

I didn't notice that you guys mentioned the completely new "3 Visions" part in Crimson II, yet!

When I heard this for the first time I was like
:OMG: for 20 seconds.

I'd love to know whether Dan had recently put out his growls again for that part.

he didn't, you have been listening to the promo all this time?

I finally have it!!! The shop from where I ordered has lost one client.

"Best of" from a great band + compilation organized and re-mastered by a talented artist + great linear notes by the aforementioned talent = Excellent stuff!!

I loved it and it's refreshing to read such honesty in the linear notes:
"(...) I must admit that they were right and I was wrong (...)" in Crimson linear note
"(...) After a stupid attempt to take over the band, I was kicked out (...)", in Crimson II linear note
:heh:

The only problem is that there are many typos in the text that could been avoided simply by revising it.
Btw, it's just me or the lyrics from Twilight and Black Tears are missing?

PS: The "All Track Very Remastered by" is priceless...

I finally have .....
only CD-ripps, and all stuff scanned, burned to DVD-r
Of couse I ordered orignal CD alot time ago, but this version appeared first.. in our country, and in my city.. (Russia, Siberia, Omsk)
What can I say
First of all, New mix of C2 is brilliant!!!! :headbang:
Linear notes is great and interestin to read.
But fotos are all old and already seen :(
And yes,TheWickerMan, Twilight and Black Tears lyrics are missing
but now we have full lyrics of Masque !!!

Well... now I shall wait for my orignal CD..

PS: my name is in thanx list :lol: