When All Is Said Double CD vs Digi-pack?

I can PM you on how to get around that for your personal use, I did it so there isn't any pause between the tracks and it's all nice in 1 track for each Crimson.

I know how to do it. I just need to find the time. With two toddlers at home and a tight deadline at work, it's not easy to find any.

Or I can send you my files for that which would be even easier.

Hmm... That would mean I actually don't have to find the time to merge them... That would be awesome. :)

did you try eac?
best program out there to rip a cd to a single wav or mp3 file and a cue sheet
really easy and the program is freeware

I haven't tried eac. I've tried a bunch of other freeware software though. However, most of them will only let me merge two tracks at a time, so it's kinda time consuming to merge them all.

Too bad eac is for Windows only (running Linux). I guess I'll have to reboot into windows later today and try it out.

Thanks for the tip.

Digipacks are just better packaging to look at generally. But both are 2 CD sets. Usually digipacks are more expensive, but at The End Records, they are both going for the same price.

That and Ron J's solitary confinement album are my next pickups (hey my last one included Nightingale's - Invisible =D )

eac is not about merging the tracks
doing that takes tons of effort and the finished result may sound poppy anyway because when breaking a cd to multiple mp3 files some info at the end or beginning of each track may be lost.

it's way more simple to rip the cd into a single file in the first place using eac

here's how to run eac on Linux without booting into windows
Run Exact Audio Copy (EAC) on Linux - Ubuntu Forums

eac is not about merging the tracks
doing that takes tons of effort and the finished result may sound poppy anyway because when breaking a cd to multiple mp3 files some info at the end or beginning of each track may be lost.
Yeah. I understood that from the info. What I meant is that when I did a similar thing before, I ripped the tracks to wav, then merged the wav files, two at a time, then finally encoded the resulting track to mp3. It worked without pops, but it was quite time consuming.
it's way more simple to rip the cd into a single file in the first place using eac
*nod* I'll try that next time it's needed. Thanks to Tumn, I don't need to do it for the crimsons this time (Thanks a bunch Tumn). :)
here's how to run eac on Linux without booting into windows
Run Exact Audio Copy (EAC) on Linux - Ubuntu Forums
Cool. I've tried running Windows stuff on Linux before, using Wine, but with varying results. Usually I've gotten undesired effects while running. So I've always tried to find native Linux apps when possible. But according to the page, it should run without a problem, so I'll give it a go. Thanks.

By the way... I actually AM using Ubuntu. Is that a coincidence, or are you a mindreader? ;)

I've been known for my psychic powers...
but in this case I simply googled "run eac on linux" and that's the first result I got.
I myself never use Wine but that's because I use Linux only for developing and I run Linux within Windows through a virtual machine.

Linux is not very user friendly but it is very comfortable for developing stuff just like unix

I've been known for my psychic powers...
but in this case I simply googled "run eac on linux" and that's the first result I got.
I suspected as much. ;)
I myself never use Wine but that's because I use Linux only for developing and I run Linux within Windows through a virtual machine.

Linux is not very user friendly but it is very comfortable for developing stuff just like unix
Nowdays Linux is actually pretty userfriendly. Just look at the newest versions of Ubuntu, SUSE or Linspire. There are some things that still are much easier to do on Windows though, I have to admit. But Linux is getting there.

I mainly use Linux because it's (like you mentioned) a great development platform, it's faster and more stable than Windows, it's free and you have much more control over everything.

Ah, yes. Reliable, but a bit slower. :) That was my favorite distro, before I discovered Ubuntu.

When I finnish my university duties I have no reason to keep any Linux on my computer simply because I have no need for it.

Windows as heavy and unstable as it is runs almost everything(except linux oriented programs) and most programs out there are windows oriented anyway.

It's true that Linux is free but so is my Windows which is cracked:p

If I ever need a Linux for everyday use(which I doubt), I'll follow your advice and go with Ubuntu:)

It's true that Linux is free but so is my Windows which is cracked:p
When I say "free" I mean both "free" as in "free beer" and as in "free speach". The source code for the operative system (and most of the other software) is freely available. If there's something about anything in the system I don't like, I'm free to change the way it behaves. That's something you can't do with Windows with its closed source model. I do realize that most people don't want to do that. And that's fine by me. :)

Also, I don't like Microsoft's bullying methods. Although, I do agree that they've thought usability though more when it comes to Vista and Office 2007. However, I don't believe they would have done that unless Linux and OS X would have threatened their "monopoly". Besides, I haven't seen any new feature in Vista that you can't already do on Linux (with much less hardware too). For example the 3D GUI in Vista... Something similar has been available for Linux for quite a while (XGL+Compiz/Beryl). The Linux version runs flawlessly on pretty old graphics cards, while the Vista one is painfully slow even with pretty new and powerful graphics cards (at least the release candidate version of Vista).

I'm not trying to make this a Windows vs Linux thread. Just wanted to explain my view of it all. Windows is still better at some stuff, and it's true what you said that most software runs on Windows. So, yes. Windows does have its uses and it's up to everyone to chose whatever they want to run. :)

yes you are right. i use windows because i want to b able to run any program i want easily.

but if the whole wide world would switch to linux this would be a better place :saint:

Microsoft's bullying methods can kiss my shiny cracked software ass.
sticking it to Billy boy!

Linux is holy work...and I have no plans to get vista anyway...It looks very pompous but very little to show for itself considering how much was put into it.
plus I have a gforce 2 graphic card...so you can guess I don't run any apps that require some dual core processor with an out of this world expenssive video card...My computer is pretty old and I don't need more than I have right now.
But I would like a wife and a couple of toddlers running around the house instead of a new computer:)
Kids> Vista

hot wife = ok, who would say no to a hot wife?
toddlers around the house = no way.... not yet. damn ilan, get your bloody degree first :D

hot wife? sure why not...as long as it's not her best quality.
I could sell my wife then for some EoS testcopies.
relax man...first thing first getting that degree(and finding a job in the process)
then marriage and then toddlers
but I sure as hell can't wait...