When All Is Said Double CD vs Digi-pack?

Just got my copy in the mail. Nice packaging and liner notes, and the remasters sound great. I'm especially impressed with Crimson II, which is a lot more listenable now. Thanks, Dan!

No offense, but Chuck's vocals were horrific... you can't really understand his vocals live, at least, not in the live material that I've got my hands on from Death. On his albums it was cleaner but he still had an awful voice. Dan's death vocal work is probably unique in heavy metal in that he actually has range within his death metal voice. As in, you know, he enunciates words and can go high and low with the vocals. Best example of that is Purgatory Afterglow; Twilight is probably the best death metal song ever.

I like both voices very much, although they are totally different.

But I disagree about Chuck's vocals. In my opinion, he also had a very unique voice, which you could recognize immediately. And for me personally, it's one of the most emotional death metal voices ever. A lot of death metal vocals are just "flat", without any emotion, just like a sound or a barking - but my dogs are much more emotional... ;)
But Chuck was extremely intense and emotional, and he pronounced words very clearly, accentuated syllables very much. I don't know which albums you listened to, but especially on his last albums ("Symbolic", "The sound of perseverance"), the vocals are very clear, and also on the albums before, at least since "Human", you could understand him very well. Only the very first albums are harder to understand, I think, but his voice changed and improved very much afterwards.

Dan Swanö;5669348 said:
cool that u like it!!! I still haven´t seen or heard the finished product. Black Mark is moving a.t.m. so I don´t wanna stress 'em up an more than neccesary :)

Haha that's pretty funny :)
Anyway I really think the end result was great, although there were some scratch-noise during C2, but I later discovered that one of my speakers was a bit messed up so it was probably due to that. I haven't compared the mixes with the originals but I think it's a really good collection of songs on the album. Definitely a great x-mas present for my brothers!

Cheers,
Nef

I like both voices very much, although they are totally different.

But I disagree about Chuck's vocals. In my opinion, he also had a very unique voice, which you could recognize immediately. And for me personally, it's one of the most emotional death metal voices ever. A lot of death metal vocals are just "flat", without any emotion, just like a sound or a barking - but my dogs are much more emotional... ;)
But Chuck was extremely intense and emotional, and he pronounced words very clearly, accentuated syllables very much. I don't know which albums you listened to, but especially on his last albums ("Symbolic", "The sound of perseverance"), the vocals are very clear, and also on the albums before, at least since "Human", you could understand him very well. Only the very first albums are harder to understand, I think, but his voice changed and improved very much afterwards.

I have everything. :) Scream bloody gore, spiritual healing, the works! Death is one of my favorite bands. Sound of Perseverence would be perfect if it were instrumental; I just really dislike Chuck's singing. I know it was recognizable, but it was recognizable in the same way Dani Filth's screeching is recognizable. In Symbolic it was a little less offensive, but if you hear him playing Crystal Mountain in the live L.A. album, he sounds pretty bad. He did write powerful music, I wouldn't argue that (I love his music), but I wish he had found himself a singer at some point. I don't think he was 1/10th as talented in his vocals as he was writing music, or playing guitar for that matter. And I don't think I'm nitpicking, Chuck's singing really is an acquired taste.

Just got my copy in the mail. Nice packaging and liner notes, and the remasters sound great. I'm especially impressed with Crimson II, which is a lot more listenable now. Thanks, Dan!

hey, was wondering whats new and better with Crimson II??
I have the orginal Crimson II album, but just bought "When All Is Said" (Digi)....:headbang:

It's funny that the question on the thread title is still unanswered, even after 5 pages worth of replies. :rolleyes:
Since i don't like digipacks that much i would like to know if there's any difference between the two editions, besides the obvious one.

The regulad version is not out yet, so that could be a reason why it's not answered since I ordered both and only have the digipack so far.

I have everything. :) Scream bloody gore, spiritual healing, the works! Death is one of my favorite bands. Sound of Perseverence would be perfect if it were instrumental; I just really dislike Chuck's singing. I know it was recognizable, but it was recognizable in the same way Dani Filth's screeching is recognizable. In Symbolic it was a little less offensive, but if you hear him playing Crystal Mountain in the live L.A. album, he sounds pretty bad. He did write powerful music, I wouldn't argue that (I love his music), but I wish he had found himself a singer at some point. I don't think he was 1/10th as talented in his vocals as he was writing music, or playing guitar for that matter. And I don't think I'm nitpicking, Chuck's singing really is an acquired taste.

Sound of Perseverance vocals took me a while to accept... but now i love it :D
so my belated question to you is this!
What do you think of Control Denied? personally i quite like them

and also

whats your order of preference for Death albums ( i also have them all, methinks)

Symbolic
Sound of Perseverance
Individual Thought Patterns
Scream Bloody Gore
Human
Leprosy

thats how mine goes...

Yeah I just bought my copy too
and imagine my surprise when I saw my name among the other people in this forum in the "thanks" in the booklet...

so thank you for that Dan...and off course the remaster sounds åsome!

p.s
the digipack is amazing (Kudos Xack and Rob)

Yeah I just bought my copy too
and imagine my surprise when I saw my name among the other people in this forum in the "thanks" in the booklet...

so thank you for that Dan...and off course the remaster sounds åsome!

p.s
the digipack is amazing (Kudos Xack and Rob)

I got my copy a while ago too.

Yes, it was fun to see my name (and the others) in the booklet. :)

The sound is great. Thanks Dan. :headbang:

However, listening to the second cd on my ipod isn't fun. Darn copy protection. :p I guess I'll just have to listen to the original releases until I have some spare time to merge the tracks together so that it doesn't sound so choppy.

However, listening to the second cd on my ipod isn't fun. Darn copy protection. :p I guess I'll just have to listen to the original releases until I have some spare time to merge the tracks together so that it doesn't sound so choppy.

I can PM you on how to get around that for your personal use, I did it so there isn't any pause between the tracks and it's all nice in 1 track for each Crimson. Or I can send you my files for that which would be even easier.

I got my copy a while ago too.

Yes, it was fun to see my name (and the others) in the booklet. :)

The sound is great. Thanks Dan. :headbang:

did you try eac?
best program out there to rip a cd to a single wav or mp3 file and a cue sheet
really easy and the program is freeware