When and how did you get into Type O Negative?

My story is pretty simple. A friend of mine at college had October Rust, I listened to it and loved it, the rest is history. He was really into them at the time and told me a lot about them.

Yup. A friend of mine liked them a lot. And at first I wasn't into it. But their uniqueness and epic song style won me over. The first album I got was Least Worst Of which gave me a good taste of everything.:)

I was introduced to them 3 times before I fell inlove with them.

1) Saw the Black No. 1 video on Headbanger's Ball many many years ago, liked it.

2) Borrowed a tape copy of Bloody Kisses from a friend and listened to it casually, once, thought it was too slow.

3) A few years later heard some kickass music at Sam Goody, the clerk told me it was the new Type O Negative, October Rust. Love affair ever since. :)

Christian Woman was on a various artists CD. (single version of course (popples from belgium will know this CD, -->metalopolis 2) was in 1995 if i'm right. or 1994. urr whatever. i liked the track quite much.
later on i found bloody kisses 2nd handed. was in 1998 or something. needless to say that i loved it.

I got into Type O back in 1990, first I was into Carnivore, a friend in highschool gave me their tape. Then my ex boyfriend got the Slow Deep and Hard tape and played it for me, ever since I heard "I know your fucking someone else" I was hooked.

Hmm...I think I first heard them on the Nativity in Black album and really liked Pete's vocals. Not knowing much else about them, I grabbed Slow, Deep and Hard as my introductory TON album and was surprised how different it was - where was that cool singing?. I quickly got to like that album a lot, but when I next picked up Bloody Kisses I was again shocked (and a little dissappointed) at the lack of aggressive vocals...there was too much singing now!:) Well, everything equaled out after a while, and while I still prefer Carnivore/early TON more, the latter stuff is great in it's own right.

-Humanure

I first heard slow deep and hard and wasnt really moved by it right away then I was at a show and one of the bands was playing Bloody Kisses as there warm up music and it was totally different and I decided to go get it. I can't wait for their next record either.

So I guess I'm a relatively new Type O fan compared to all of you but
when World Coming Down came out, I kept hearing Everything Dies on the radio and fell in love with them.

...I just realized the other day that in the liner notes for Bloody Kisses, Type O mentions Blindside! back in 93... that's awesome

I think I saw the "Cinammon Girl" video on tv and bought World Coming Down because I'd heard of the band... I loved that cd and went on to get October Rust and Bloody Kisses and become a really big fan of TON because they're just one of the best bands in the world...

Humanure said:
Hmm...I think I first heard them on the Nativity in Black album and really liked Pete's vocals. Not knowing much else about them, I grabbed Slow, Deep and Hard as my introductory TON album and was surprised how different it was - where was that cool singing?. I quickly got to like that album a lot, but when I next picked up Bloody Kisses I was again shocked (and a little dissappointed) at the lack of aggressive vocals...there was too much singing now!:) Well, everything equaled out after a while, and while I still prefer Carnivore/early TON more, the latter stuff is great in it's own right.

-Humanure

A friend of mine is a big fan of theres and let me listen to what she had. I was very impresed and really liked the sound they have. Ever sonce then I have been hooked and I'm really looking forward to the new album coming out in June.

Honestly I have no idea when I first heard of Type O, or why I even got their World Coming Down album about three or four years ago... I think I was just standing in a record store or something and I saw the album cover and remember hearing that a few of my friends thought they kicked ass.

I can't verify that story, but I know it was about three years ago when I got the album. Loved Type O ever since.

I was at a cd store with a want for new music, and october rust had just come out.. there was a display for it, it looked cool, so I bought it, was damned impressed and have been hooked since.