When and how did you get into Type O Negative?

bought a game called blood and on the cd it had the video love u to death on it............ bought october rust a year laterz..... never did really get into type o...... just too gothic for me.... im mainly a metalhead not a gothic person.... i love life and i live for good things to happen!

I'd read alot about them in mags that I used to read and thought they sounded interesting. The first I ever heard of them was when I saw the clip to 'Black No.1' on a late night music show here in Oz called Rage. Took me a couple of years after that until I actually bought Bloody Kisses and October Rust. As far as I'm concerned they fucking rock. I later discovered Carnivore. That's another fucking story. I really wish he'd reform that band. But then again. They would probably suck now. I dunno.

A freind of mine bought Bloody Kisses when it came out, and Introduced me to it which instantaniously gave me an errection. I have had that ever since....

Back in the 80's. I was in high school with Peter and we became friends. I later roadied for Carnivore when I was in college with Peter and Louie (drummer). I became seperated from both and from this scene for 9 years until I heard of a Carnivore reunion. A that point we regained our friendship and it was at that point that I discovered the hysteria that is Type O Negative. It is certainly an aquired taste in music. It is very powerful, poetic, exciting, dark, sexy, funny, heavy and visual experience. I hope it continues to grow.

I had heard their cover of "Summer Breeze" back in 2000 fro ma CD-R a friend gave em. i thought it was pretty cool, nothing too special.

About a year later I heard another song (can't remember which one), and i picked up The LEast Worst of... used. has been one of my favorite bands ever since.

World Coming Down and Bloody Kisses (14 track version) were next.
then October Rust
then Slow Deep and Hard
CD-R copy of a live bootleg a friend gave me
tehn Origin of the Feces not too long ago.

all the official CDs are used.

livingdead_girl said:
Its pretty simple on my part. I bought the Bride of Chucky soundtrack and i had heard so much about them, that i had to hear the song Love you to death. That will always be my fave because it was the first song i ever heard by them:loco:

I was dating a girl who had 'October Rust' and she hated it, so she gave it to me. I thought it was the sheot ( and then I was STRICTLY death and speed metal). ' Love you to Death' and 'Cinnamon Girl' just grabbed me. I got more cds and then I realized that Type O got certain girls, who wear dark lipstick and eyeliner with long, straight, black hair - feel "tingly" in the special place and BAM! I was a commited fan. :Spin:

Seriously, its damn good music. And the lyrics, though dark are pretty
seductive.

ah it was the gay old year of 1999, still 15 and clueless on music i hear a song on the radio sounded really good, they played it again and said it was by Type O negative called "everything dies". couple weeks later i bought the album and was pretty pleased, then weeks after bnought bloody kisses and october rust, bloody kisses didnt leave my player for at least 6 months. for a year or 2 they were my fav but then Morbid Angel came to play and now own my mind haha

I was working in a music store and we had been sent a promo cassette of 'Slow, Deep, And Hard' to play in the store. It was not an edited copy, meaning it couldn't be played during regular hours. The manager put it on one night after work. After I heard it, I was hooked. I have been a fan ever since.

A friend of mine bought Bloody Kisses when it came out and he played it a lot. I never really paid any attention to it, but one day I was at work and found the lyrics to Black No. 1 running through my head... I've been buying albums ever since.