when bands dont pay

VXWAdult%20Baseball%20Bat.jpg

:saint:

+1 ... On the legs.

TBH with you, i wouldn't even bother

if they ever want their demo, they'll come to you with the cash

if not, it doesn't take much to right-click the folder with the audio and hit "delete"

This reminds me of when I let my "friend's" band borrow my JCM 900. It got stolen. They promised to pay me back, never did. I called parents and everything, still didn't get my 500$.

But no don't bat the teens for real!! :p

Going to court might be the best thing. But before you know, writing stuff on stuff in an office that sucks where the people are depressed, etc, etc... it's not fun. What many collection agencies, here, do is simply call the person who owes the money constantly, don't tell them you are calling for the cash, tell them you are calling to find a nice pacific way for both parties to have what they lawfully deserve. If things still stay the same you gently tell them that the law is very important and it must be followed so you have no choice but to bring them in court. If the parents are still willing not to pay then you'll win in court and you will ask for the 500$ if my memory is correct AND all the fees that came with the procedure.

i definitely wouldn't take legal action over $300

even if you're in the right in doing so, i guarantee those guys will spread word around to everyone you/they know, and try to make you look like the asshole...

chalk this one up to a lesson learned - demand 1/2 at the start of the project, and the other 1/2 upon completion, but before you hand over ANYTHING

i definitely wouldn't take legal action over $300

even if you're in the right in doing so, i guarantee those guys will spread word around to everyone you/they know, and try to make you look like the asshole...

chalk this one up to a lesson learned - demand 1/2 at the start of the project, and the other 1/2 upon completion, but before you hand over ANYTHING

On the other side of that, always make sure what you are handing over works perfectly. Our video director managed to hand over a corrupt DVD with the wrong video edit on it when he got paid last week!! Needless to say, he's got it right now!! Nearly a year since shooting the video, we weren't best pleased!!

This reminds me of when I let my "friend's" band borrow my JCM 900. It got stolen. They promised to pay me back, never did. I called parents and everything, still didn't get my 500$.
if they were young enough that "calling their parents" was even an option... well, then you asked for it. kids just don't learn responsibility these days. i wouldn't loan a fiver to anyone under 21.... and very few people over 21 for that matter.

I just Voxengo beeper because Ive just done some work with someone who potentially wont pay up, (Ive Got some Doubts) but it was a really small job so im prepared to take the risk. As a further measure to Voxengo beeper, i was thinking of making a Soundclick page and Posting Samples there for the Projects which need draft Mixes listened too.

Can anyone see any complications with this?

I just Voxengo beeper because Ive just done some work with someone who potentially wont pay up, (Ive Got some Doubts) but it was a really small job so im prepared to take the risk. As a further measure to Voxengo beeper, i was thinking of making a Soundclick page and Posting Samples there for the Projects which need draft Mixes listened too.

Can anyone see any complications with this?

If the person doesn't pay then technically they don't own the recordings.

yeah, we've been doing broadcast and copyright law as part of our audio and video course in college. You own the sound recording rights

I'd say your best bet would be a personal house call. After all is said and done 300 quid can get you some nice gear

kids just don't learn responsibility these days.

Thats a really broad statement. There are plenty of people my age that are responsible and very respectful to everyone around them. (and of course plenty that have led to your opinion of young people :erk: )

Moving on, I've been ripped off before. Call on their houses, call them constantly and just make yourself as annoying as possible, threaten to talk to local promoters about them and make their life hard. They will cough up and you will have learnt a lesson so its not all bad :lol:

Joe