When do you think this era of music will end?

mReEtTaIlRsEkD

New Metal Member
Oct 4, 2002
I am sick of knowing all these currently "pop" bands. Falloutboy, MCR, RHCP, that band that did the song "Yellow" and "Speed of Sound", Killers, ETC...

I do not even mind these bands but I want them the fuck gone... any music gurus/astrologists out there willing to give a penguin somewhen to look and allow him to gaze in its general direction?

Rock bands, I would say.

You can go so far as to call it emo, I guess. I am not /that/ hip to the times.

retarded penguin said:
Nothing, really. I would just like to forget they exist... along with this era of music. :)
you cant make this era of music go away. most people dont care to listen to stuff that isnt on the radio. thats basically saying that this era of music is mainstream only. mainstream right now has all the attention which isnt good for metal. it prejudges our music. people say "ohh its crap that goes rawr rawr rawr and its satanic and you cant understand it". have those people ever listened to metal? i highly doubt it hence they are prejudging.

people who listen to mainstream are followers. when there was a song being played a shit load of times everyone loved it. i told my friend "100 bux says that you will get sick of listening to this song within the month" and she disagreed. sure enough i was right, but i didnt get the 100 bux.

maybe if people gave metal a chance and listened to it they could have possibly become a metalhead. or they could have not liked it but still at least given it a chance.

once mainstream is dead we will be laughing at the followers and then they will hopefully realize what it means to love and appreciate music.

my 2 cents on the current era of music :D

I don't know what I hate more, emos, goths, wiggers or boy band tweenie boppers. Am I allowed to hate them all the same?

Hopefully it will go the way of Grunge and die out in a couple of years.

What scares me is what will come when they die out. I know we cannot even begin to fathom anything worse than emo, but a few years ago, we would have never even thought that emo kids could exist. I mean, I actually find AFI, Hawthorn Hights, Chemical something and As I Lay Crying to be as annoying as Linkin Park, Limp Bizkit, Korn and Slipknot.
What's next, wigger emos?