When someone like Andy records live gigs

The fact that you over-react to those with a different view to yours makes you a sheep, you assume too much. Firstly we are talking about LIVE recordings here, not studio recordings, at no point have I said that any of the modern techniques you love are bad in the studio. But my point is that a LIVE album is not supposed to sound as though it is recorded in the studio. But you had to get personal (which I reacted to), but I didn't start the abuse.

Jeezo there's alot of hostility in this thread!

Nothing wrong with reamping or sample replacing a live recording imo, its still the same performance, just tidied up a little. Made to sound the best it can be (within reason, layering up guitars through 20 different amps and adding overdubs is a no go imo)

What if the guitar amps mic got knocked halfway through the set and the tone changed? Do we just have to put up with that because its live?
What if the power tubes in the amp start going and the guitar track is covered in pops and crackles? Do we have to live with that because its live?
What if the FOH engineer makes poor mix decisions because of bad acoustics in the venue? Does that mean we have to put up with a shitty mix because its live?

And seriously? we're not allowed to eq things anymore???

The new rules of live recording!!!
No Reamping!
No Triggering!
No Editing!
No Multi-track recording!
No EQing!
No Compression!
No Reverb/Delay effects!
No Close mic'ing!

Hell if we're going to be elitist about whats not allowed then we might aswell just set up a stereo pair by the sound desk and run that straight onto the dvd, twats running about the gig shouting "SLAAAAAYYYYYEEERRRRRRR!" included, because its live right?