Where did the joy go?

Cutter

Fuck consensus reality
Dec 19, 2001
Sydney
Visit site
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I have to say. After being a long time member of this board, these days, I'm finding this board has really gone to shit. Man, it seems like since new management took over, noone who has anything interesting to say actually posts here any more. I bet you could count the number collective pubic hairs on this board on two hands (not including myself of course).

Where are Sartori and Bumblefoot and S4raziel(sp), and Hearse?? Where are these folks who could actually initiate interesting topics for discussion?

Anyways, thats me ranting. I'll probably sign off and come back in another couple of years when the most interesting and funny thing on this board is not Mr. Blands Hitler's signature.

cheers all!

image8.jpg

Cutter said:
I'll probably sign off and come back in another couple of years when the most interesting and funny thing on this board is not Mr. Blands Hitler's signature.

:D

Well, I haven't been here too long at all, but yeah. It does seem like the forum is going downhill...a lot. We need to get this up and running smoothly with floorishing topics that are worth your time to read. Can anyone do it?

P.S. Come back Moonlapse

its because of the fascist bannings that have been going on. iirc no one can stand to post here bcuz of moanlass and sampras banning at the drop of a hat.
like, for example, i'll prolly get banned for expressing my thoughts or smth

Not exactly true, most of the people banned caused it themselves. They posted idiot crap that was just asking for a ban. (E.G. Dement... 'nuff said)

EDIT: Plus Moonie isn't a mod anymore. He couldn't stand the idiots this forum produces daily.

opeth_kvlt said:
its because of the fascist bannings that have been going on. iirc no one can stand to post here bcuz of moanlass and sampras banning at the drop of a hat.
like, for example, i'll prolly get banned for expressing my thoughts or smth

Incorrect. Tell me what you would do if someone kept posting shit saying 'sTfU n00b lUlZ m4n i'M s0 l337! opTeH RULZ!'. Every single person who has been banned has deserved it. They have transgressed the rules that are CLEARLY set out in the Forum Guidelines thread. Put simply, if you don't want to conform with the Guidelines, then whata re you doing here? Fuck off.

Alteredmindeath said:
The forum is not full of joy and never was, it was all an illusion, a time period that has been erased, a past life gone forever in the dust.

that was deep

a douche said:
Incorrect. Tell me what you would do if someone kept posting shit saying 'sTfU n00b lUlZ m4n i'M s0 l337! opTeH RULZ!'. Every single person who has been banned has deserved it. They have transgressed the rules that are CLEARLY set out in the Forum Guidelines thread. Put simply, if you don't want to conform with the Guidelines, then whata re you doing here? Fuck off.
how much did they pay you to say that? fanboi

Alteredmindeath said:
The forum is not full of joy and never was, it was all an illusion, a time period that has been erased, a past life gone forever in the dust.
Thats true all the real joy is at http://opethforum.net/

Cutter said:
Maybe I'm just getting old, but I have to say. After being a long time member of this board, these days, I'm finding this board has really gone to shit. Man, it seems like since new management took over, noone who has anything interesting to say actually posts here any more. I bet you could count the number collective pubic hairs on this board on two hands (not including myself of course).

Where are Sartori and Bumblefoot and S4raziel(sp), and Hearse?? Where are these folks who could actually initiate interesting topics for discussion?

Anyways, thats me ranting. I'll probably sign off and come back in another couple of years when the most interesting and funny thing on this board is not Mr. Blands Hitler's signature.

cheers all!

Been a long time since any of those people posted. Well, sides from Bumble... but he's taken on more of a pseudo-troll persona here lately anyway.

What happened to Satori? I remember him not wasting a single chance to get in on the 'religion is dogshit' threads. He used to post some intense shit. I actually miss coming to this board and reading things remotely intellectually stimulating.

Not sure about Hearse, but Raziel moved over to SOT2 didn't he? A lot of the older guys here moved over onto there. Can't say it was much of a community. I'm glad they split from UM, much as the unofficial Opeth guys did here. Yet for some reason, they keep coming back. Go figure.

A few guys also split over onto the Royal Carnage board. I couldn't stand it though. Just had the feeling of elitism everywhere.

My plan was always to stick it out on this board, weather the hard times and hope for better. It's beyond all redemption now though. The influx of newer members, instead of lifting the community back up to a decent stature, is just making it plummet down further.

this is off-topic. perhaps a moderator should close it? off-topic threads are not allowed on the opeth forum. the opeth forum has strict rules to abide by.