where do u find out about ur music

I mainly use M-A and download stuff by bands I deem "interesting," either from artwork, lyrics, genre, etc. or whether or not I have heard good things about them before.

This forum is a good place to start, too. Browsing the "Another Fucking Metal Game" thread will yield to the metal newbie (and sometimes veterans) a wealth of bands to check out.

As a shameless plug to my sticky topic (top of this page, usually the first thread here), I can recommend you check out some of the stuff myself and others list. Sometimes I feel like a band MUST be heard and post some tracks/samples. Other do, as well.

Well I first got into metal via Amazon.com recomendations and so forth. Eventually I found this site which is always good for hearing about new stuff, Metal Archives is as well. Just randomly search recomendation threads on those two sites and you should find a lot of good stuff. Other then that word of mouth is a good way to find out about bands...

This forum, metal archives, then I download them off soulseek and if I like them I'll buy them sometime in the future when I get enough money.

Being raised on Black Sabbath and Metallica....I always had an interest in Heavy Metal (except for a short period between 10 and 11, I'll get into that if I feel like it, hehe). The INTAR-NET helped me discover a lot more of what I wanted to find.

Jean-Pierre said:
I always had an interest in Heavy Metal (except for a short period between 10 and 11, I'll get into that if I feel like it, hehe

Well, let's hear it.

I still find most of the new stuff by reading and browsing through magazines. It's a whole lot easier for me to read an article than go online and try to search something when I don't even know what I'm looking for.

mIRC is also a good way to find out about new bands and it's a fast way to download stuff.