Where to find metalheads aside from concerts/bars?

DisconnectedFromReality

Only the sound Of the cold northern breeze
Jan 5, 2018
Ontario, Canada
I was wondering if anyone knew where I could possibly find metalheads or people who enjoy metal aside from bars or concerts. I'm not a drinker due to my dietary regiment as part of my fitness routine, and I don't enjoy the "scene" of concerts or the idea of concerts themselves. Never really cared to see bands live as I much prefer the studio version of songs. I've been listening to metal for 6 years now and I've only had one metal friend because he introduced it to me to begin with, and our tastes were different anyhow. I just want people who don't totally fit the moronic stereotypes of outcasts and goths. I tried looking up any metal related clubs at my university or around my area and have found nothing. I understand the question may sound ridiculously unrealistic but I was hoping I could be given some ideas.

Apologies if this question has been asked time immemorial but I wasn't able to find anything through the search bar similar to my question.

If you're attempting to avoid metalhead stereotypes while trying to make new metalhead friends, you'll probably get nowhere.

Most people can seem like stereotypes at first but then you get to know them and realise they're just as nuanced and interesting as you might be.

Find a real gym with atlas stones and a CD player. Put Under the Sign of the Black Mark in the CD player. Glue it shut.

Reactions: Dak