Where's the power? Where's the glory?

When I was first getting into stuff like Angel Witch and Diamond Head, I got The Nightcomers. I remember it not clicking and it didn't last too long in my collection. As I said in the New Cds thread, I recently got it again and it clicks with me. I mean they are probably as much rock n roll as they are NWOBHM.

Anyhow, it was odd...

They played Heavy Metal Mania on Sirius this week.

When I was first getting into stuff like Angel Witch and Diamond Head, I got The Nightcomers. I remember it not clicking and it didn't last too long in my collection. As I said in the New Cds thread, I recently got it again and it clicks with me. I mean they are probably as much rock n roll as they are NWOBHM.

Anyhow, it was odd...

They played Heavy Metal Mania on Sirius this week.

I listened to the album a few more times the past month and it still didnt do much for me...not that it is more rock, it isnt that good. They put on a powerful perfromance at KIT but the songs are just not memorable.

Holocaust is awesome, their best song however is Mavrock, way ahead of its time, very dark, heavy, depressing almost doomish style. A very unique song given its time period. The entire Nightcomers album is awesome not a single filler track. Smokin Valves ep is also excellent, and don't forget the live album hot curry and wine. The only stuff by them I have not heard is there post classic era but a fiend of mine from Finland named Petri told me all of the material is good even newer stuff. I am inclined to believe him, he introduced me Anthares and Lombotomia so far he has a good track record.