Votes: 4 5.1%
  • Damnation

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Ghost Reveries

Votes: 28 35.4%
  • Watershed

Votes: 24 30.4%

• Total voters
Ghost Reveries. It has awesome growls and beautiful clean vocals. My second choice would be Blackwater Park, because IMO the growls are better than those on Ghost Reveries, but the clean vocals are not nearly as good as GR. Watershed has really good clean vocals, but I don't like the production of the growls as much as on GR.

I was waiting for a few responses before posting my pick. I say My Arms, Your Hearse for a few reasons. 1. It's a concept album, and the meanings behind the lyrics are very complex. 2. Even though the production in the album isn't as clean as say, Ghost Reveries or Watershed, the vocals still sound outstanding. 3. I just think Mikael's vocals sound the best on this album.

Overall I'd have to say Ghost Reveries. Ghost of Perdition and The Baying of the Hounds on the harder side, AND Hours of Wealth and Isolation Years on the same album. Hard to beat.

I voted Watershed,
But then immediately felt some regret as i remembered the joy of ghost revries vocals.

My pick is Ghost Reveries

THEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE GRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNND COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNJUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU...
RRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATIIIIIIIIOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNN

Technically Watershed, Emotionally Ghost Reveries.

Yea, it's weird saying vocals are "technically good" as if it's an instrument, but that's what it's like with Watershed. His performance is backed by a lot of vocal skill but it definitely isn't quite as feeling as before. And the type of growls on Watershed (almost brutal death-ish) are totally out of place. Completely devoid of emotion like the screams in...well all the other albums.

I'm SHOCKED Still Life only has 2 votes. My humble opinion... I think that Still Life and MAYH are both definitely better vocally than GR.

People love Ghost Reveries' vocals, and Watershed. That's quite simple. Mikael's talent in vocal as progressed through time, he is much more experienced now than before, in the Still Life era. But the vocals on that album are also damn fucking good.

tbh the only vocals I think are even close to subpar are a few parts of Morningrise. Oh and on Orchid it's good overall but it kinda annoys me on IMSWS around the 8 minute mark or w/e when he does like 5 different screams instead of a tasteful prolonged one.