Which Amp is the Biggest Kick In The Nuts?

Yngvai X said:
The most crushing rhythm guitar sounds IMO are what Jon Schaffer gets in Iced Earth and what Victor Smolski got on Rage's Unity and Soundchaser albums. Jon uses Marshalls with a Les Paul, while Victor used I think a Peavey Triple X for his rhythms (either that or some Yamaha amp, I don't know what he uses for what) and his custom Siggi Braun guitars.

So completely different rigs can get equally awesome tones, just experiment and find what you like the most. My producer hated me for using EMG81's in my guitar, but I love the abrasiveness that they get. Its not very dynamic, but it is very metal :headbang:

edit: Kreator's tone on Enemy of God is extremely crushing as well.
Good call on Jon's RIGHTEOUS tone!

G. Guru, what was ur band's name? If you had a showcase with Roadrunner Records, you must've been good.

guitarguru777 said:
Not necessarily ... and how did i know this was gonna be the next question ....lol

Ill PM you cause if theres anyone here that knows the band "which i think most of you might" ill never get left alone ...LMAOOOO

Now you've made me want to know. You asshole. Haha.

Ohhh .. and if you look it up on the RR site its not there ...lol We were distribution only in the US. We were nevore offically on the lable. We just used their distribution to get the CD's out.

I know some of you are lookin .....lol

guitarguru777 said:
Ohhh .. and if you look it up on the RR site its not there ...lol We were distribution only in the US. We were nevore offically on the lable. We just used their distribution to get the CD's out.

I know some of you are lookin .....lol

Based on that description theres only one band that comes to mind, and if its who Im thinking of, thats pretty awesome. :)

guitarguru777 said:
Not necessarily ... and how did i know this was gonna be the next question ....lol

Ill PM you cause if theres anyone here that knows the band "which i think most of you might" ill never get left alone ...LMAOOOO

Ha! You want us to figure it out... ;)

But I was into Boingo and Prince in the 80s, so I probably wouldn't know the band anyway.

Yeah, I'm lame, I can admit it...

Progbass said:
Nah guitarguru, just tell us what was it, heh. Most probably don't know it unless it's like some anthrax, lol

If its the band I'm thinking of, most people will (or rather most people should) know who they are. Cause theres only one 80s thrash band from NY/NJ known enough for him to wanna remain silent for fear of people bombarding him. :p

HA HA HA HA

Weill Yngvai was close. I did gig with the band hes talking about for a while. But its not really important ...anyway ...lol

DUDE ... I LOVE PRINCE and OINGO BOINGO .. Danny Elfman is a GOD in my book !!!

Da Fukn Guru

!Aviso! said:
Ha! You want us to figure it out... ;)

But I was into Boingo and Prince in the 80s, so I probably wouldn't know the band anyway.

Yeah, I'm lame, I can admit it...

We're all lame on the inside.... Or at least I am. I don't know about anybody else.

Ive been happy as hell since I switched to a Framus Cobra. Thats what I used on my last three tours and it destroyed any other amp it was around and not just in my opinion but as well as all the bands we played with.

Okay. Back to recommending amps. My Crate is starting to fuck up like mad now. First off, the footswitch broke a year ago. Second, my amp will only go to clean when there is something plugged into the channel switch footswitch socket, which is a reason why I use pedals. So now, back to suggestions!

If money is tight dont be afraid to go to your local music store and try out a Line 6 Spider II 150 watt head with the spider II 4X12 cabinet.. awesome bang for your buck... I believe Sevenstring brought it up a while ago , I tried it and was sold.. and bought one.

I dont play what you'd call "Light Music" by any means, I use 7 strings and play with a crapload of distortion and the amp holds up fine..

I've played the Spider 2, and yes. It is killer. I play with a seven string also, and it's pretty hard to drive the low B.