Which band has the catchiest riffs?

i once had "black winter's day" by amorphis in my head for like 6 months really killed me....

actually i have to try not to think about that riff otherwise it will come back!

Originally posted by jester00
i once had "black winter's day" by amorphis in my head for like 6 months really killed me....

actually i have to try not to think about that riff otherwise it will come back!

I've had Black Winter Day and My Kantele in my head for weeks at a time. In fact, I can't remember how most of Amorphis's songs go, so I get parts stuck in my head a lot and I have to search through them all to find it. So them. Soilwork too.

Now I've got that middle melody from On Rich And Poor in my head.

Arch Enemy, Gardenian, and In Flames. I'll tell you, as much as I wasn't really into Reroute to Remain for the first 20 listens, Cloud Connected was stuck in my head for a long time.

Originally posted by SculptedCold
LOL. They put-out some of the most lame, uninspired riffs i've ever heard. The Amott brothers write boring-ass melodies.

I'd say Suffocation, Blood Red Throne, Soilwork, Morbid Angel and Broken Hope.

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there, some of the stuff on Wages of Sin is catchy as hell. Now their lyricism, that's a different story (oh well no one's perfect, they still own anyway).

As for riffs, Soilwork, Darkane, and Children of Bodom

Ah well, all I know is that Wages Of Sin is the only metal album that's ever put me to sleep. And it's the only one that makes me sleepy every time I try to listen to it. I don't think that's a good sign.

Old In Flames (Especially "The Jester Race", catchiest album ever for me)

Amorphis ("Tales from the 1000 lakes" and "Elegy" extremely catchy too...i got the song "Relief" stuck in my head for months)

Sonata Arctica (Some of the catchiest stuff i heard!)

other worth to mention :
Blind Guardian, Nocturnal Rites, dark tranquillity, Children of Bodom, Eternal tears of Sorrow...etc.