Which concerts are you going to see?

@rahvin: i don't even know if i'm going anymore. surely i won't go on saturday, and since a friend of mine wants to go to see Metallica at the Heineken Jammin' Festival at Imola, i might go there and not to GoM (they're in the same week, i think). besides, i wanna check Iron Maiden tour dates before deciding anything. ;)

Miolo

The only planned one so far is Metallica and Iron Maiden + whoever else is worth it at Roskilde in june! :D
Otherwise... I want to see Paradise Lost in february, but right now I can't afford it. :( Then there's The Haunted in Umeå in march, but fuck knows if I can afford that too... (400 sek! for a load of shitty bands & 2 decent ones? you gotta be kidding... ) :cry: I don't wanna live up here where no bands come!
I was going to Iron Maiden in stockholm, but the plans changed to roskilde, so now I'm standing here with two tickets to that show (non-seated) that I have to sell...
*sigh*

Speaking of bands that are 75......Budgie is playing here in March!!! Kick ass!

The big show for me this month was Opeth -- next month, the Dark Tranquility/Nile/SYL show, and also in February.....King's X!

:OMG:
i've just seen the following:
Diary of dreams live:
26.04.'03 Athen, Rodon Club (with Diorama) [GR]

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:hotjump: : pissing pants : and stuff :loco:
:) :)

NP: Diary of dreams - Drop dead

Melancholia --

That'll be a good show! When I was in Greece a few years ago, I saw Manowar at the Agathi Club (I think that's what it was called) in Athens. Not a huge Manowar fan, but it was still a fun time! :D

Yup,the club was indeed called Agathi and if i'm not mistaken this was the first gig of manowar in greece......
i'm glad i wasn't there :D

~mel~ ( manowar manowar living on the road)

:lol: You didn't miss much musically that night, Mel!!! The sound was all messed up -- they had to stop for like 20 minutes at one point...the place was packed, hot as hell, and they were dumping buckets of water on the crowd while we were waiting for the sound system to be fixed. Despite all of that and it being a band that I'm not really into, it was actually a good time. Is that place still there?

just saw (last night):

Opeth/Paradise Lost - Chicago :devil:

going to see:

Fri Jan 31 - Nile/Nepalm Death/Dark Tranquillity/Strapping Young Lad/The Berzerker - Chicago :headbang:

Sat Feb 08 - The Chasm/Forest of Impaled/Disinter/Sapphist/Insurrection - Aurora

Sat Feb 15 - Malevolent Creation/Distinter/others... - Indianapolis, IN* (* = hopefully)

\m/

other possibilities:

Fri Feb 14 - The Pretenders - Chicago

Tue Feb 25 - Whitesnake/Scorpions - Chicago

Sun Mar 30 - George Carlin - Chicago :D

No time for a full review but -- Opeth was great when I saw them this time around. For the new songs: the ending of "Deliverance" is even more intense live than on the album....for the final lyrics of "A Fair Judgement" (on the album version where it's just Mikael and a couple of notes on the piano) no one was screaming or anything, the whole crowd was singing along.

Setlist:
Leper Affinity
Advent
Deliverance
Godhead's Lament
Credence
Bleak
A Fair Judgement
encore: Demon of the Fall

Originally posted by Arch
I'm planning to see Nile, The Berzerkers, Strapping Young Lad, and this band called "Dark Tranquillity" on the 22:nd of January in Hollywood, California, USA. Ten days and counting...

Going to this show tomorrow in Minneapolis. Fuck yes!!:headbang: