Which DAW's do the Cubase style slip editing?

Nice one B. Think I'm gonna pick up Elements; Artist and the full one really don't do anything that I personally need! Slip edit drums, send audio to AUX's, buss signals together, send audio to outputs, take my inputs .... that's about all I ever need!

Dunno why this always turns into a fuckin' Pro Tools discussion. :lol:

Cuz most people don't understand the differences in editing between the different programs. Sounds like Cubase is your best bet anyway. I don't feel the cubase method would REALLY gain me more than a 5 or 10% speed increase. I can see where it might make things a bit more streamlined but it's not enough to warrant switching daws or anything. It's really just two mouse clicks to split and then move in PT. It's just a little cleaner in Cubase with the pre-done fades and region overlaps. PT bd smooths it all, but after you've moved the stuff.

Either way, PT is expensive as shit nowadays, so if I was you there's no way I'd move to that unless you had to do tons of work at other studios with PT. Enjoy your cubase sir

Excuse my ignorance, but does Cubase Elements (or whatever it is now called) have the slip editing feature that people speak of here? I might get it just for drum editing purposes if so.

Excuse my ignorance, but does Cubase Elements (or whatever it is now called) have the slip editing feature that people speak of here? I might get it just for drum editing purposes if so.

I believe it does. Between Jeff confirming the default key commands and the Steiny site implying ALL of the toolbar is included, then yes, it should do it.

has been said now anyway a few times, but +1 on that as far as I know none others do that kind of slip editing.

and fwiw, I've been been both slip editing drums in cubase as well as with BD in PT. I like the 2nd more, cause it involves a lot less clicking around, altho you have to be really tidy with controlling if everything was done clean by BD. Also easier to get messy, cause I loose concentration a lot easier than when you actually do all the work manually.
But for me it's less annoying with BD.

It is fucking stupid tho that you can't do slip editing in PT. Same as that the waveform isn't visible while moving, or that it fucks with existing fades when you move clips.

The waveform not being visible when moving is indeed annoying. With slip editing, I'm just so used to doing it that way that I really can't be bothered to learn another way. I sent some videos over to Cakewalk too, to advise/request some changes to their slip editing so that editing drums in Sonar is easier. Dunno if they'll implement, but I'm sure the Sonar guys will be happy if they do!

I just cracked and bought C7E. Downloading the ISO now!

The waveform not being visible when moving is indeed annoying. With slip editing, I'm just so used to doing it that way that I really can't be bothered to learn another way. I sent some videos over to Cakewalk too, to advise/request some changes to their slip editing so that editing drums in Sonar is easier. Dunno if they'll implement, but I'm sure the Sonar guys will be happy if they do!

I just cracked and bought C7E. Downloading the ISO now!

Awesome! Yeah I made the move a few years ago to Cubase and life has been great since.

Only thing I am noticing right now is that it doesn't automatically make the crossfade. I have to do my slices and then hit X - this is no different to Studio One, so not a problem. But Jeff you seemed to indicate otherwise earlier on in the thread; is there some pref I am missing? I don't get auto crossfades currently... unless by auto it's literally just referring to the fact that I can do a bunch of them at once with one key press???

Only thing I am noticing right now is that it doesn't automatically make the crossfade. I have to do my slices and then hit X - this is no different to Studio One, so not a problem. But Jeff you seemed to indicate otherwise earlier on in the thread; is there some pref I am missing? I don't get auto crossfades currently... unless by auto it's literally just referring to the fact that I can do a bunch of them at once with one key press???

Project > Auto Fades Settings...

I set mine to 5ms for in/out/cross and set the crossfade to equal power. It won't visually do crossfades but it will perform the function now and you should be free from clicks/pops.

Right yeah I know about the panel. But didn't realise it didn't visually do them. Bit weird. But I guess it is cool. So if I select all and press X am I basically ending up with two sets of fades?

Right yeah I know about the panel. But didn't realise it didn't visually do them. Bit weird. But I guess it is cool. So if I select all and press X am I basically ending up with two sets of fades?

The manual 'x key' fade should override the others; it'll only do the autocross on regions that are touching one another but haven't been manually faded.