Which Double Pedal??

Which double bass pedal would you choose...

• dw 5002

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Tama Iron Cobra Double

Votes: 7 35.0%
  • Pearl Eliminator Double

Votes: 2 10.0%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 45.0%

• Total voters
Ronnie.B said:
I have the AX-A2. :)
How's the longboard, how different is it to play with compared to the "normal" one?

What springtension do you have, tight or loose?
I think it's fun to discuss these sort of things with other drummers hehe. :D
I like the longboard, more...to me it just feels like you get more power because of the leverage...

I have my springs about 3/4 of all the way tight. I do lots of switching between heel-up and heel-down, and I found that where I have it is really good for both styles.:)
How about you? (same questions:D )

FailingAcension said:
I like the longboard, more...to me it just feels like you get more power because of the leverage...

I have my springs about 3/4 of all the way tight. I do lots of switching between heel-up and heel-down, and I found that where I have it is really good for both styles.:)
How about you? (same questions:D )

I have my springs as tight as it goes and the variable drive lever about 3/4 towards my foot.
I play all heel-up but try to play more with my ankles, not so much with my whole leg, I try to get the movement below my knee so to say. :)

to ronnie B : where did you get your axis pedal ? did you buy it in sweden ? becuase my drummer in london is replacing his pearl eliminator becuase he broke it from excessive use over the last 6 years haha.

anyway he wants either an axis or an iron cobra, but since we cant find these axis pedals in england, iron cobra seems to be the only option, as shipping from the states is a big pain in the backside

so if you know where to get them in europe, please let me know !
thanks!

K of London said:
to ronnie B : where did you get your axis pedal ? did you buy it in sweden ? becuase my drummer in london is replacing his pearl eliminator becuase he broke it from excessive use over the last 6 years haha.

anyway he wants either an axis or an iron cobra, but since we cant find these axis pedals in england, iron cobra seems to be the only option, as shipping from the states is a big pain in the backside

so if you know where to get them in europe, please let me know !
thanks!

I bought mine from a store here in Sweden called "Slagverket"
Here's a mailaddress to them, I'd suggest he contacts them and see what they can do for him. I'm pretty sure they can make a good deal for him. :)
slagverket@musikborsen.se

I've been playing drums for about 5 years now and I think you should go with the brand new DW 9000 titanium pedal its by far the best .....I've played on a shitload of pedals and I would have to say that this pedal even beats axis pedals(I know its hard to belive) ...but the thing is its as easy as axis pedals when it comes to speed but it has more full of a sound , I find that the axis pelals are kinda when it comes to loudness and if your gonna be playin meal you will want something loud...

anyway I hope you are happy with your choice :)

I find that the axis pelals are kinda when it comes to loudness and if your gonna be playin meal you will want something loud...

That's why I don't use Axis own beaters, they're kinda lame and way to hard imo. I use Tama beaters, the flat ones that comes along with the Iron Cobra pedals. :)

I'm quite interested though in that new DW pedal, the same goes for the Yamaha with the same principal as Axis...