Which is the more accurate COB definition?

Which of these definitions sums up COB MORE accurately?

• Melodic Death Metal

Votes: 17 68.0%
  • Power Metal with harsh vocals

Votes: 8 32.0%

• Total voters

Hammer of Might

New Metal Member
Jul 25, 2003
London, England
I've heard Children of Bodom defined as 'Melodic Death Metal' and 'Power Metal with harsh vocals'

My question is, which of these two do you think sums up COB more accurately?

I am NOT asking how much you agree with them indivdually, simply which is the better of the two?

No reason really, just curious! Discuss...

I would just call them pure fucking metal, like SpiritCrusherX. Either that or "THE BEST FOOKING BAND EVER"

I'd say melodic death metal..but i'm sure there's something else to call them

*Sigh*

Most people so far obviosuly didn't get the point. I'm asking which of the TWO definitins I wrote are more accurate, NOT "what do you think COB's genre is".

:rolleyes:

I'd say that out of the two 'power metal with harsh vocals' is more accurate.

HEAVY FUCKING METALLLLL!!!
metal.gif

I'd say melodeath is the most accurate. Because the music is quite a bit more agressive/extreme than power metal.

But I still stick with "Melodic Extreme Metal".

I've always called them Melodic Death, so I picked that one. To me CoB don't sound like power metal... ok they like to solo alot, but alot of the riffs in their music don't sound very power metal to me at all, they sound more Melodic Death... which is pretty much just the new incarnation of power metal anyway.

High On Maiden said:
*Sigh*

Most people so far obviosuly didn't get the point. I'm asking which of the TWO definitins I wrote are more accurate, NOT "what do you think COB's genre is".

:rolleyes:

I'd say that out of the two 'power metal with harsh vocals' is more accurate.

really, what the hell does it matter? I mean, why do you need to put them in a category- Its not power metal at all, I guess you could say very melodic death metal, with the "power metal"-reminiscent keyboard. I actually just call it metal, in your face metal with keyboards