Which Megadeth album is most like Rust in Peace?

Spruce Goose

Then Goose me up woman!
Apr 17, 2001
Sydney
scholar.uws.edu.au~13326874
I only have RIP and CTE. I love RIP alot. Every song is killer. CTE is alot weaker in my opinion. I got RIP first and loved it and then went and bought CTE. I was let down so that is probably why I stopped in my endevours to get into Megadeth. I had heard that these 2 were their best.

Some of you reckon SFSGSW is their best. Is it closer to RIP or closer to CTE?

With the re-release of the old albums remastered, I might venture out and buy some more of their shit

SFSGSW is probably the closest to RIP sound wise, but its nowhere near as good as RIP. Though the new remaster may well change that as the old album sounds like shit :)

No not necessarily, SFSGSW really is one of the shittiestly mixed albums of all time. I heard Set The World Afire from the remaster of it and its about a MILLION times better. Im going to buy it on the strength of that track, so if you like RIP, get the remaster of SFSGSW next, then if you like that, pick up Peace Sells... But Whos Buying? And then get yourself Cryptic Writings, which is one of their later albums, but its a brilliant combination of metal and hard rock :)

Also, their new album The System Has Failed is brilliant so get that when it comes out too :headbang:

There's no Megadeth album really anything like Rust In Peace. :(
Peace Sells and So Far So Good are very good albums, but they're thrashier than Rust In Peace, while verything after it is overly commercial.

My first experience with Megadeth was SFSGSW after seeing the video for Anarchy in the USA on a Saturday morning kids show on Channel 9. Top album, but didn't listen to anything after that until Countdown to Extinction cos I was restricted in what I was listening to - I couldn't afford to buy albums so I had to listen to whatever Mark bought.

The mix on SFSGSW is an aquired taste, some people say it is bollocks, I think it is fucking awesome. What Sydo said is right, both SFSGSW and Peace Sells are great 'Deth albums, but they are alot thrashier, where as RIP is more heavy speed metal, or something. The songs on SFSGSW are awesome though, the mix has nothing to do with that.

Goreripper said:
I doubt he would have been buying much Dimmu in the late 1980s, spawn. :)
You might be right, but Spiff didnt say how long his cd borrowing lasted!

I wonder why it took Mustaine 3 albums to record Mary Jane and Set The World Afire. They were both some of the earlier Megadeth tracks..

spawn said:
You might be right, but Spiff didnt say how long his cd borrowing lasted!
He owned Seasons in the Abyss and Decade of Aggression. I bought my first compact disc in 1996, or maybe it was 1995.

I love most of Megadeth's stuff. Except Risk. Try Youthanasia, Sprucey, as I reckon it fucking rocks. Except Train of Consequences.

I do indeed smell. :) Train is my least favourite song on the album though. Too slow and chugging. :) What do you like about it so much (serious question)? It seems to be pretty popular, and they played it in Melbourne when they came out, so it obviously has some fans. Seems I missed the train!

Oh dear.

The whole Youthanasia album is slow and gugging.. that's why I can never listen to it for long without getting bored.