Which Opeth album has the best drumming?

How the hell did you know that? =S

And yes, I am looking very much forward to their next album. I hope it's gonna be less Symphony X rip-off though.

I read your thoughts dude :heh:
That fucking vocalist of theirs went to the most hated show by tunisian metal heads ahaha, star academy !! and i hope the perception won't be bad, nevertheless, he's the best vocalist of that style here !!! unfortunately, they don't sell their stuff here, i talked to their keyboardist and he told me i just can order it !! I saw back in 2007 and they were fucking awesome !!!!!!
You have their first album Double Face , when they were called X-tasy? and yes, it's gonna be less SX rip off, at least that's what they said in the metal radio show here ;)

Ghost Reveries, with Watershed breathing down it's neck. Deliverance for third.

The more I listen to Watershed, the more I get into Axe's style. Me likey...

For the first time members of this forum seem to =be agreeing on something, for the most part.
And yes, Ghost Reveries really showcases some of Lopez's amazing ability.

in Ghost reveries drummings there are many mistakes in drumming concealed as sincopated times;

Watershed drummings are too accurately performed, and absolutely full of flair and heart.

in Ghost reveries drummings there are many mistakes in drumming concealed as sincopated times;

Watershed drummings are too accurately performed, and absolutely full of flair and heart.

OMFG I cant believe it...

What I meant was that Ghost reveries' drummings are full of mistakes in the sincopated patterns. Watershed, on the contrary, has perfect drummings.

Now it should make sense.

Care to post specific examples? (i.e. "Song X at time YY:ZZ")

05:06 - 05:09 - The baying of the hounds (during the fill in he looses the sincopa)

03:44 -03:57 - Beneath the mire (He looses the pattern, and he grabs it again)

04:30 - Beneath the mire ...again...

I'm not saying that Lopez drumming are not good at all (i'd be a heretic)...I'm just saying that those patterns are incredibly as hard as efficient they turn out to be, but they require a lot of concentration to be performed without making any mistakes (see Mr. Steve Colaiuta)

I shouldn't have said that..now I feel guilty. I actually consider lopez as one of the most (if not the one and only) creative and sensitive drummers of the world.