Which

A. Iverson

deceased
Jul 17, 2005
Bahrain
Opeth song do you think i could manage to pull off performing alone (with a drum machine and possibly a bass player)? I've been invited at uni to give a 20 minute performance, and so far the songs i've decided on are Foul Body Autopsy, Fermented Offal Discharge, and Patterns in the Ivy. This leaves room for one more song. So my question is which Opeth song fits the following criteria:

1. 5-10 minutes long
2. strong dynamics (mixture of soft/heavy parts)
3. can be played live by a single guitarist
4. no (or minimum) clean vocals

I was thinking maybe the Funeral Portrait, but the 1st solo is gonna suck without the backing rythm, and the second solo will sound like shit without the dual guitars

Suggestions please?

pethical: when truly would be incredible, unfortunately i cant do clean vocals for shit, thats something i forgot to mention :erk: and since half of the song is sung in clean, well, its not like a small part i can omit, sorry! any other suggestions?

@ fizz: you presume right. GoP, hmmmmm, ok ill keep that in consideration,anything else?

^ sorry no good, need something heavier with no/little clean vocals

besides weakness sucks (in my opinion only)

Little clean? Hmmm

Some tracks off of deliverance maybe?

Wreath has some leads and that but the mood of the song is set by the chords, so it could work?
Or Masters Apprentices, pretty much both guitars play the same thing for a faire portion of the song.

fizz6207 said:
Or Masters Apprentices, pretty much both guitars play the same thing for a faire portion of the song.
That's what I was going to suggest. It's not too bad a song with one guitar but some of the riffs are a bitch. And, can you play and sing at the sime time well?

thanks for the suggestions, im having a hard time deciding between Masters Apprentices and Deliverance

lightning: yes, to some extent, but i think the vocals to MA are much simpler and easier to combine with the playing than Deliverance

Nectar would be beautiful. You know what, i think i might play the last third of the song, it wont take too long plus it would totally slay. Minus the outro of course.

I wish i could play godheads lament or blackwater park but they would both be immensley difficult with one guitar only

Blackwater Park would be the best choice i'd say. Lots of heavy, no actuall clean vocals bar some harmonys.. The clean section would seem impressive to the people assessing you i'd say.

illydurst: oh?

Opeth353, like ive already mentioned, BWP would be difficult to play with a single guitar. Bleak however would be a killer if i could pull it off!

and @ sailent: twilight is my robe has waaay too many dual guitar harmonies as do all songs from orchid and morningrise, and im already covering one mellow song so i guess To Bid you Farewell is out of the question, plus its too long. Any other suggestions?