Great, overlooked songs

demonofthefall6469 said:
Keeping my fingers crossed for The Amen Corner and Forest of October when I see them next month, probably not a good chance though.

There's a place in Newcastle Upon Tyne in North East England called "Amen Corner". It's close to a church near the River Tyne (off of St. Nicholas Street, I believe), which is close to Central Station. Just thought I'd throw that in for your entertainment. :loco:

wjones1 said:
I know Michael is obsessed with When and plays it at almost every show, however i cant see the real appeal of it :S maybe im being blind but its just not an attractive song and the riffs aren't catchy. I was being very ambitious but i hoped they would play April Ethereal instead, that song live would be incredible - have they ever played it? because i never seen it included on any set list i've seen for Opeth.
Does anyone else like Credence? i think its a fantastic song that gets overlooked too much; if any Opeth fan wanted to prove how good Michael's voice is without putting non-metal fans off by playing heavy songs, i would show anyone credence. The Riff fading out is fantastic. I would love to have seen this live as well, but they played soft songs like To Rid The Disease and Face Of Melinda which were great anyway.
The Drapery Falls played live is one of the best songs i've ever heard - almost rivals Enemy Within by Arch Enemy.
Tunes like Hope Leaves and Closure are such good songs yet they're never included in the most popular Opeth songs. Why!?!? because too many gays tend to unfortunately drift towards the more mainstream and popular albums like BWP.. surely anyone else must agree, i must have evoked some form of reaction amongst the more intellectual fans

HAHAH catchy?! You want catchy riffs you may wanna check out Offspring or sum..... 41 :)
Opeth has beautiful and technical riffs and leads.

I don't agree with you on the When-thing. When is a awesome track with a nice rhythm phase near beginning. However, April Ethereal is also a top-song!! :)

Credence is very nice and soft song! Love it. They used to play Credence before, when it was "new" I think...