Whiplash TV & Oak Knoll Productions

Oak Knoll

Oak Knoll Productions
May 17, 2002
Attleboro, MA USA
www.oak-knoll.com
I'd like to brainstorm here how we both can help each other out.

• I can help fund/host/design/automate a new whiplashtv site
    (if you want) which can inlcude limitless features such as banners, multi user site with security, much more automation, ease of use, and more
  • cross promotion - where I hand out free compilation cds at shows and in mail orders I can put your information as well. Plus perhaps we can do cross promotional ads in zines and so forth
  • share the talent pool for hosting & resources... there are tons of metal resources in my inner circle and beyond that would love to help host and promote
  • share the pool of graphic artists we have embraced
  • anyone in the inner circle can feel free to add to this - how an indie extreme metal label and it's community can join forces with Whiplash TV ( for those who don't know www.whiplashtv.com)
So when would you like to meet for lunch Bruce? Wanna see if we can meet up in Haverhill with the Mighty DOOM (Dan) Robinson?
Did you see our project to go to stores and put up posters for OKP?
(speaking of that .. I need to make some Shroud/OKP posters for this)

:headbang:

Jeremy -
Hey Thanks for putting this up for me! Yeah, I'm completely up for heading up north to see Dan, in fact I'm going to be taking a vacation soon so I'll have more time to get things on track. More to come -

Dan, you wanna do this weekend, maybe sunday to hit stores? or you want another week? Also, do you want me to send Layla the PSD's for the shirts? I can send you a link to them.

Bruce, if you have graphics, info etc, I can make labels for the other side of my cd samplers when I hand them out Sat. I can approach some graphic artists to help make a web banner, a sticker graphic, etc.

by the way my inet at home is down. But i can chat at work (not using aim) but http://chat.oak-knoll.com . Bill and I are there already.

Graphics.. I'd like to ask Tomas, Ulas, maybe Tommy and some others if they'd like to help out. Even Jason from Deadtide.com is pretty good with graphics. Perhaps a web banner and a sticker design.. maybe we can cross promote OKP and Whiplash. Which reminds me.. I need more OKP stickers and Shroud does also - another thing I have to add to my TO DO list (which resides on my own OK website under the staff section)

How much do you pay for stickers? I need to get a fresh batch. Also I think I am going to end up selling my dvds online. I need to generate some cash and at least pay for the all the dvd's I'm burning.

As for your promotion of Shroud/Withersoul I can push it on my radio show. Just post the details.

I usually go through contagiousgraphics.com and get vinyl ones for like 500 for $85. It depends on the size and colors. I've been doing ads with bands... so like Shroud would be on most of it.. and 1/4 would be OKP. If you are selling things online you might want to look at an online shop. Or you could easily do up paypal links. Also I could be interested in helping out as a 5th(?) semi silent partner :) hehe

Maybe we can see if Dan C is also avail... what stores you guys wanna hit up there. This means I need to make the posters asap.. which isn't out of the question.. sunday would be better??? sat is the show at the palladium

Hey Jeremy - first off did you get a chance to watch the dvd? also I've started cataloging our seven episodes of Whiplashtv. I have a silk screen that I will be using to put the logos on. As for creating cd inlays/cover who do you go to for printing? Is it the same folks who do your stickers? I think selling is the way to go to cover costs for future dvd purchases etc. I'm thinking 5-7 dollars would be a fair price.

Belly of the Beast is in full swing - http://130.64.87.173/mp3podcasts/GF-125min-0700-04-Feb-2006.mp3 There is about three minutes of dead air because my show is the first of the day. Check it out. Also if you have any music that you want played on the air let me know and we can arrange it. Just as an FYI - WMFO does report to CMJ and Soundscan which is important. For those who do not know if your music starts showing up on Soundscan you draw bigger interests from major stations and not just the colleges. CMJ is the College Music Journal and they report what's hot in the college circuit and is just as important again from an exposure standpoint.

whiplashtv said:
Belly of the Beast is in full swing - http://130.64.87.173/mp3podcasts/GF-125min-0700-04-Feb-2006.mp3 There is about three minutes of dead air because my show is the first of the day. Check it out. Also if you have any music that you want played on the air let me know and we can arrange it. Just as an FYI - WMFO does report to CMJ and Soundscan which is important. For those who do not know if your music starts showing up on Soundscan you draw bigger interests from major stations and not just the colleges. CMJ is the College Music Journal and they report what's hot in the college circuit and is just as important again from an exposure standpoint.

What kind of music to get played on the air? Metal only?

Mike/Shroud of Bereavement

Hey Mike - I play anything usually in the realm of metal. My current show has a somewhat broad range but I have played the new Antimatter and the new Green Carnation. So needless to say these are not very metal albums just the players involved. Just as a heads up, I have played Shroud three times in the last month. Of course I am also up for requests if you want to hear anything!

Bruce

Hey Jeremy - just a heads up, got the cds last night. This is much more than I expected! Needless to say the next show this weekend will be pretty much run by Oak Knoll artists! I've been listening to the comp cd on the way in to work this morning - perfect for the show! By the way when do you want to meet up?

I'll be heading up to Haverhill this sunday to hang out with my doom buddies Dan Robinson and Dan Clarke... did you want to tag along ... or meet up then?
We are hitting up some stores with posters.. maybe I can put whiplash tv's info on them.

Care for a new whiplash banner? We can make one up!