Whiplash TV & Oak Knoll Productions

whiplashtv said:
Hey Mike - I play anything usually in the realm of metal. My current show has a somewhat broad range but I have played the new Antimatter and the new Green Carnation. So needless to say these are not very metal albums just the players involved. Just as a heads up, I have played Shroud three times in the last month. Of course I am also up for requests if you want to hear anything!

Bruce

AH, I was looking to see if anything non-metal, i.e. dark ambient/industrial/etc stuff was played. Let me know and I'll hook you up with my stuff.

Mike

I picture it now.. Mike with an elfish/trollish outfit walking around in the forest to ambient/keyboard music.. hehe jk! sounds like another band.
Ya, we should all hook up with Bruce.. and this Sunday is not looking good though. I'm gonna email everyone and reschedule. ps.. check out the poster in the other thread we might use to hang up at places.. Bruce I can make some room in the lower left corner for a Whiplash TV logo/URL and tie it in.. like "watch for Shroud on Whiplash TV"

Hey Jeremy - I think it's about time for me to address my website. An overhaul is over due! Also I need to put up both an announcement about our collaboration and I want to put your banner on our site. Let's start planning the logistics of this. I will try and comp your designers with passes to some upcoming shows or if I can get some promo cds from some of the labels I work with I just wanted to throw that out there for them.

I was just remembering how fun it was to have bands make radio spots for my live265 radio. Speaking of streaming internet raido. How do you stream yours? do you have it available online? We should look into podcasting, streaming radio and video. I used to do live365 and could help fund that back up or other things similar to it. Want to start collecting radio spots from bands? This leads me to the website. I think we should look at a portal system (either dnn or php based). Then we can look at all the functions you want on the site (with room to add more as we think of them). I can easily show you some examples. Maybe we can start by posting here and around that we are looking for artists to make a Belly of the Beast and Whiplash TV banner, logos, etc.

Hey Jeremy - the show is now on the schedule page on WMFO's website

http://www.wmfo.org/schedule.shtml

You should be able to see it no problem. What did you think about my idea of having an Oak Knoll 30 min slot on the show? I could give up to date news and play Oak Knoll artists exclusively. Also I am completely up for getting station promos from your bands. Let's get that going.

As for website I will go with whatever you think is best.

sure, I have enough to fill up 30mins.. (heck shroud takes up 10mins alone! hehe)... I personally like DNN which is .net based.. but if you're a php person mambo is it. So the promos/plugs should say something about belly of the beast radio, right? And what's WMFO's stance on somone like me wanting ot help you resyndicate the show to podcasting or live365?

Lets go with DNN. As for WMFO I say lets run with this until someone says something. The folks at MFO are far too disorganized to worry about something like this. Even if they do decide it is against policy, I can work my way around it. After all every label has a vested interest in college radio as it is (CMJ)! You have my outline, just let me know what the next steps should be.

Ok, so can you get the show as a mp3 for radio? mp4 or?? for video? I'll look at the site thing tonite. Maybe if you want we can do up a child portal site in the meantime. Which means it would reside under a site of mine.. unless you wanna pay for some cheap hosting and we can throw it there.. maybe we should just prototype it first.

I can get mp3s of my past radio shows but keep in mind that these files are 57megs each. We can set up the site anyway you want, I can give you the password to my site and we can set it up on the host that takes care of it now. As for the tv show as much I would like to post my tv show, the files are much too large to host on my site (350 megs).

Do you have a pc or mac? I know live 365 rents out space - i was paying like 180 a quarter for 500M of space with streaming up to 100 listeners. The TV show we can use some apps to resize to dvd quality avi's etc that are 700M.
Who hosts your site? do they support mambo? .net? php? I'm trying to find Tomas from Lithuania to make some cool BotB banner.. maybe a whiplash tv banner... or any other graphics peeps out there. We'll have something up soon.

I have a pc and Startlogic hosts my website. I get 2 gigs of storage and 60 gigs a month for bandwidth. As for my radio show, I can just link it directly from the station now that the schedule page has been updated. I would rather have people use WMFO's bandwidth for radio. As for Startlogic, I am unsure of what exactly is supported. I can check that out and post later today. For the tv show, I know that the files come in at 350 megs. One problem with the size of the file is that uploading usually times out especially for larger files but let's take things one step at a time. I think a good test for the moment are the video files currently on the site. The largest is the Opeth interview and I think that's only 9megs.

I am just playing around with photoshop, i'm by no means an expert but this was kinda fun - wish i can make it look more flashy.. better backgroud like some apocalyptic city ;) but check this out:

botb-banner.jpg

i think the 9's are hard to read but i like the font and i think i can smooth over the beastie edges

whiplash tv banner ad idea:

whiplash-banner.jpg