Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch

so I was reading this article on how to make a poor man's Pappy. Apparently you blend a 3:2 mixture of W.L. Weller and Old Weller Antique and let it sit for a couple of weeks. For only about $40 or $50 it may be worth trying

Neat always. As fine whiskey goes, I enjoy single malts and bourbon. For single malts, I love the smokey Islays and the like. I find diluting them, even with a couple drops of water, mutes the smokiness for me and I can't have that.

I can't cope with alcohol. I'm a borderline smart guy without it but a full blown retard with it.

On Saturday we went to the Wigle Distillery www.wiglewhiskey.com in Pittsburgh. Small place, but their White Wheat and Aged Wheat we're really good. They are going to be releasing a "bourbon" too. Kinda excited for that.
They are known for their Rye, but I've never been a fan of Rye Whisky, it was good for what it was.

I Recommend it, if you're in the Pittsburgh area.

so a new whiskey bar has opened up just a few miles from my place. 100 Whisk(e)ys available. I went in today and had the following

Elijah Craig 12...one of my favorites. It's a great go-to. Always drinks wonderfully
Elmer T Lee's (I forget which specific vintage). Fantastic. Drank even smoother than the EC12. I was pleasantly surprised

and then the big gun came out

Old Rip van Winkle 10...delicious. A friend had it on ice, and I actually preferred it that way. That being said, I wasn't totally blown away by it, but it was still fantastic. I would never pay $200 or however much that one is (I know the 20 year PVW is like $2K)

I've discovered that I really like Clan Macgregor. It's bottom-shelf blended scotch, but I prefer it to the bottle of Glenlivet 10 I got somewhere. Probably weird, but it's pretty convenient to enjoy something that's like $12 a bottle.