Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch

that looks epic as hell, Krig!

i dogsat this weekend for a friend who left me half the bottle of this, and i almost finished it.

whiskeyy_zpsa8b33409.jpg

Reactions: TechnicalBarbarity
How's the White Dog, Krig?

I recently picked up a bottle of Willett's 2 Year rye, and it is fucking fantastic. Dangerously drinkable. It's pricey at $45 a bottle (pricey for anything not scotch) but totally worth it

Hitting the Bunnahabhain tonight. If you haven't had it- it's a nice palatable peaty scotch. I normally prefer the smoother honey/vanilla/wood/nut flavors Speysides offer, particularly Balvenie, but this isn't over the top strong/oily like Ardbeg (not that Ardbeg is bad but you really need to be in the mood for it) but still having a decent peaty Islay flavor.

nice
My cousin bought a bottle of that for a buddies bachelor party. apparently you can only get it over seas. Was good, not great.
wish I could remember the name

edit: Cruach-Mhona was what it was called.

I want to know how that Old Weller is, when you try it.

My brother bought me a couple bottles for my birthday - Eagle Rare (can't go wrong), and Forty Creek Premium, Barrel Select.

Drinking the Forty Creek now; it's good, although I'm used to bourbon. I'll have to give this a few more tries before I can give a more objective opinion, but I can say that I like it.

Good shit. This one isn't really peaty or mellow... if anything it has a somewhat acidic and salty/briny finish to it. A very different tasting scotch than I've had before. Probably a good summer scotch over ice, even though I normally drink it neat.

Springbank-10-Year-Old-Single-Malt-Label.jpg

Be wary of the rye racket. A lot of that stuff comes out of the same mega distillery in Indiana and gets relabeled and marked up.

I was going on the cheap and got a handle of Canadian Mist. Gross. My college self was able to handle this, but it's kind of vile and worth kicking the price up to buy Evan Williams. Evan is closer to a good bourbon than Canadian Mist is to being a mediocre whiskey.

I've always liked Four Roses Small Batch. Lucked into buying an Elijah Craig 21 Single Barrel and it's worth every penny. If you haven't tasted it yet try some Angel's Envy. Only @$50. Damn fine bourbon for sitting around the fire pit talking about nothing in particular.