Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch

I just finished my local bottle shops single barrel Buffalo Trace. I'm pretty sad because it was easily one of the best bourbons I've ever had. The owner also did a single barrel Eagle Rare, which was really good, and Four Roses, which I haven't bought yet

:tickled:
Julmust (påskmust) + CLUNY
CLUNY.jpg

:loco:

Anyone had Oban? The packaging looks amazing, but thats marketing for ya. Curious if its any good and how the flavor compares to others.

My current bourbon selection:

Larceny
Old Weller 90 Proof
Old Weller 107
McKenna's 10 year bottled-in-bond

The Larceny is a bit one-dimensional, but good for an everyday sipper...especially at the price. For a few dollars more, McKenna's is really nice. Really oak-y and not too overwhelming. The Old Weller 90 is pretty good, but it is eclipsed by the 107. Holy shit that is one of the best bourbons I've had in a looooong time. Now I know why people go nuts for it. I'm gonna nurse that bottle

Yeah that's what I heard about Weller too. Supposedly you can mix the 90 & 107 in a certain ratio to get a close approximation of Pappy

I picked up a bottle of Breckenridge Bourbon a few weeks back. Very good.

So far, I think my favorite bourbons I've tried are Temperance and Blanton's.

If you enjoy whisky, then you'll prolly like Cognac too.

While im definitely a whisky guy, I can never turn down a pour of some good cognac or brandy, especially the former. Both are generally sweeter than whiskies. Some people swear than a good cognac will always be smoother than a good whisky/scotch, but im pretty sure those people havent tried top shelf whiskies/scotch. Oh and all cognac's are made from grapes.