Whiskey, Bourbon, Scotch

Finally tried Glenlivet. I can see why its so popular, very drinkable/smooth. That being said as scotches go its a far distant second to Balvenie Doublewood.

so the local bottleshop I frequent bought a single barrel of Buffalo Trace and had it bottled. It's fucking delicious. It has easily become one of my favorite bourbons. I need to go buy another bottle. The owner also bought a single barrel of Old Forrester, and he said it makes the most phenomenal Old Fashioneds. That sounds good, but I'd rather have another bottle of the BT

I bought a bottle of 2 Gingers Irish whisky recently, because it was a little cheaper than Bushmills/Tullamore/Jameson. I can't really recommend it though. A little too rough around the edges.

Thought about mixing up the bourbon selection, but it's really hard to argue with 1.75 L of Evan Williams for $21.

While in Vegas, my buddy who is getting married bought us (five people) shots of Johnnie Walker Blue as a thank you for the weekend...I don't even want to know how much that cost

Buffalo Trace is $21.99 at Meijers and $22.99 at Shop N Save down here.
100x better than Evan Williams
Yeah, for 750 ml that's a good price. No doubt Buffalo Trace is way better, but I'd rather get an entire liter extra of Evan Williams for the same price.

Blue Label is $20 a shot and up here, so I can't imagine the Vegas markup on that. It likely would have been cheaper to get a full bottle at the store.