Who had great voices for...

Man where to begin, I'm a huge fan of vocals, I think next to guitar they are the second most important thing to making a good DM band.

Barney Greenway in Napalm Death

Any band with Kam Lee

Nergal in Behemoth

the only reason I'll even listen to cannibal corpse is to hear Corpsegrinders vocals

Qourthon was the master of versatility. He could do so many different styles of vocals it was sick.

Vincent Crowley's in Acheron is definetly one of my favorites

Tom Angelrippers nice...

oh yes... DAVID VINCENT

Carcassian said:
yeah, except I love Motorhead.

Liva or Gossow btw ? Liva for me every time.

Didn't mean to be an ass about. Motorhead. The reason I don't really like them is just a personal taste thing...

I actually like Gossow's voice more but the music with Liva is my favorite. Something about Livas shouting kind of singing kind of bothers me. I can totally see why people don't like Gossow, but I like her. :)

The_Harmathroditic_Ferret said:
Angela Gossow is a man. I actually thought she was a man for about 2 weeks after I first heard the band 2 years ago, and then a kid eventually told me it was a chick. She sounds like a man when she tallks normal too, I've heard her talk before.

Pretty much exactly the same for me. Heard her talk to the audience at a show. Good looking man though. :)

Carcassian said:
A.A. Nemtheanga Primordial

Man, I love the voice of this cat on The Gathering Wilderness - why? Because it sounds so desolate and wind swept. I know, I should get out more.

This man is the elite of the elite when it comes to passionate, evocative vocal delivery! Get Spirit the Earth Aflame and A Journey's End ASAP!

Daniel Gildenlow. Garm. Ihsahn. ICS Vortex. Roy Khan. Vintersorg. Jonne (Korpiklaani). Matthew Chalk. Dax Riggs.

Tomas Lindberg (At the Gates)
Danzig (Danzig ... obviously, but also Samhain and The Misfits)
Ares (Aeternus)
Adam Agius (Alchemist)
Rob Halford (Judas Priest)
Bruce Dickinson (Iron Maiden)
Matt Chalk (ex-Psycroptic)

there are more obviously ....

Rock: Marilyn Manson (until Mechanical Animal era, then was his voice worn)
Trent Reznor; Maynard James Keenan; David Bowie; Brian Molko, Jonathan Davis, Chino Moreno, Mortiis

Metal: Dani Filth (until Damnation era, then was his voice worn) Abbath, Ihsahn, Garm, Attila, Maniac, G. Brun (Borknagar), Björn "Speed" Strid

Other Genres: Maxim Reality (The Prodigy), Louis Armstrong, Zack De La Rocha, Eminem, Saul Williams, Britney Spears

... you really think Britney Spears, of all the fucking vocal pop vocalists, has a good voice?

Haha. Aguilera > Spears.

Susperia said:
Yeah Britney Spears sounds about 5 years old when she sings, guys get off on that.

I get off on little girls singing as much as the next guy, but >__> she isn't even attractive.

Mary J. Blige > Brittney or Christina
Just thought I'd throw that in there.
I'd second the praises of Corpsegrinder, Vincent, Ihshan, Diskenson, Vortex, Dio, Dax Riggs, and Garm. I guess noone here takes King Diamond seriously as a vocalist, because I'm the only one I'm aware of that thinks he's a good vocalist. Sure, the falsetto is ridiculous, but, c'mon, you know you like it...

Ex-cally-boo said:
Haha. Aguilera > Spears.

Bah Aguilera is one of the most tasteless vocal masturbators out there. Sure she can sing, but its overexaggerated and overdone to the point of a joke.

Other great metal vocalists (Not showing all bands they are in):

-Chuck Billy (Testament
-Russel Allen (Symphony X)
-Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under)
-Mirai (Sigh)
-Jens Carlsson (Persuader)
-Nattefrost (Carpathian Forest)
-Lord Gore
-Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God, Burn The Priest) I dont give a shit what you think, this guys early vocal work was awesome.
-L-G Petrov (Entombed)
-Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
-Lord Worm (Cryptopsy)
-Mr Hustler (Blood Red Throne)
-Lenzig (Cephalic Carnage)
-Sven de Caluwe (Aborted)

Daniel Gildenlöw
Dan Swanö
Mikael Åkerfeldt
Björk
Jon Oliva
Russell Allen