Singers who have retained their voices through the years

First 5 albums are good.

This plus other good songs scattered throughout the discography.

Besides I kind of don't see Ozz's point here. A band has to have more than 1 good album in his opinion, in order for a singer to retain their voice? Steven Tyler still sounds great live is what i said, he can still sing train kept a rollin like it's 1974. Dream On, etc.

Derek St. Holmes, original Ted Nugent singer. Christ above, the guy has a titanic, R&B inflected clean tenor, rings like a church bell chorus to even the highest notes to this day. Supremely underrated vocalist, and tragically underrated rhythm guitarist.

Derek St. Holmes, original Ted Nugent singer. Christ above, the guy has a titanic, R&B inflected clean tenor, rings like a church bell chorus to even the highest notes to this day. Supremely underrated vocalist, and tragically underrated rhythm guitarist.
I always picture you as looking like David St Hubbins for some reason.

Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
Saw Judas Priest last year and Halford was excellent.

Does that mean it was just a really bad performance on the Battle Cry album? I've seen Halford live a few times and always enjoyed his singing but I was disappointed with the vocals on Battle Cry last year.

Battle Cry was a meh performance overall from Halford. The man can still bring it though. He even aces Painkiller every now and again.

I saw a video of him and Babymetal a few weeks back and love or hate them he did put in a reasonable performance

Reactions: arg
Saw him on the Abigail tour, could've sworn he was telepathically channeling his studio vocals. He hit just about every note, with as much power, technique, and finesse as in the 80's, positively incredible. And that was after he'd delivered several other classics that are notably difficult vocal performances. He's given up smoking, so his pipes are going to remain golden for some time.
I saw a bunch of live videos from that tour and all I could think to myself was, "How is this even possible?". In some ways, his abilities have easily doubled with wisdom and his stage presence is still just as (if not even more) potent.

Last edited:
Reactions: H.P. Lovecraft
I saw a bunch of live videos from that tour and all I could think to myself was, "How is this even possible?". In some ways, his abilities have easily doubled with wisdom and his stage presence is still just as (if not even more) potent.
He's certainly cleverer about his whole act now that he's just turned 61. He's become an unbelievable frontman, capable of both rocking out, to straight up borderline Shakespearean acting when it comes to working through the plots of his concept albums. He works the audience like a fiddle too, charismatic in the fun uncle sort of way. If your fun uncle had something of a Boris Karloff edge to him that is.