Singers who have retained their voices through the years

Bruce Dickinson, Rob Halford, Rolf Kasparek.

Do extreme vocals count too?

Death/Black vocalists tend to blow out their voices faster than clean singers, especially if they play live as well. Ihsahn, David Vincent and Mikael Alerfeldt sound like shit these days.

Reactions: CiG
Ross Dolan sounds better today than in dawn of possession

Tom Araya's decline came really early. He could no longer hit those piercing shrieks by the late 80s. He's continued to get worse and worse.

Reactions: Onder
Death/Black vocalists tend to blow out their voices faster than clean singers, especially if they play live as well. Ihsahn, David Vincent and Mikael Alerfeldt sound like shit these days.

Phil Anselmo sang in a black metal band called Viking Crown in the late 90s. His screaming permeated his work with Pantera and Down as well, and honestly, the wear and tear made his voice sound better.

Nope. I love him and Immolation but his vocals sound much thinner than on earlier albums. Still good tho.

What about Tom Araya?
To me they sound kind of whisper-y on DOP and became more forceful as the albums progressed

Shame DeFeis can't write good music anymore :( Last three Virgin Steele albums have been so bad.

Yeah, I had to go back and listen to their latest just to make sure David DeFeis could still sing and it was painful. It's like corny overproduced arena rock or something.