Who had great voices for...

Pull The Plug said:
Bah Aguilera is one of the most tasteless vocal masturbators out there. Sure she can sing, but its overexaggerated and overdone to the point of a joke.

Other great metal vocalists (Not showing all bands they are in):

-Chuck Billy (Testament
-Russel Allen (Symphony X)
-Chris Barnes (Cannibal Corpse, Six Feet Under)
-Mirai (Sigh)
-Jens Carlsson (Persuader)
-Nattefrost (Carpathian Forest)
-Lord Gore
-Randy Blythe (Lamb Of God, Burn The Priest) I dont give a shit what you think, this guys early vocal work was awesome.
-L-G Petrov (Entombed)
-Chuck Schuldiner (Death)
-Lord Worm (Cryptopsy)
-Mr Hustler (Blood Red Throne)
-Lenzig (Cephalic Carnage)
-Sven de Caluwe (Aborted)

Do you prefer growling over singing?

I like how he did so many different things with his voice. His vocals always fit the music perfectly.

Awesome choices to start with Carcassian. Though Bruce Dickinson is in a class by himself, so I keep him out of these sorts of conversations.

I want to add:
Maurizio Iacono - Kataklysm: he does both the deep growls & high-end shrieks that I love so much; so few death metal vocalists have that sort of range. Interestingly enough, he lists Walker (Carcass) as a huge influence on his own vocals, so you can definitely hear a bit of that in the recent Kataklysm records.

AA Nemtheanga (Primordial. totally agree)
Frank Brennan (Mourning Beloveth, clean vocals)
Darren Moore (Mourning Beloveth, growls)
Von Demonicus (Arghoslent)
Matti Karki (Dismember)
Jens Fricke (Deny the Urge. the band itself is way underrated as well)
Andreas Hilbert (Golem)

IOfTheStorm said:
Quorthon's (clean) vocals are perfect. They fit with his music 100% and i can't think any other voice/style of singing that could be more ideal for his music.

:lol:

Come on, man, even his most diehard fans would never say they were "perfect." Jesus christ.

Your definition of perfect vocals is kinda ridiculous, IOfTheStorm.
I think I am perfect singer then (even if I do lot of false tons tones hahaha).

You can either make people laughing when singing in false tones, or give them chills. The vast majority of false tone singers (like you for example, i suspect) falls in the first category (thinking that they can do all that i mentioned, but just sounding funny), Quorthon (and some others) fall in the second one (being all that i mentioned, without sounding funny), and succeeding in that has all the importance.