Who hear plays guitar.,.,.and if so wut do you use?

WarHead

Handful of Nothing
Aug 27, 2001
Virginia
I've been playing for around 6 years and am currently playing on an ibanez rg7.,.,(lol dont flame me for playing a 7-string).,.,im lookin for a new guitar.,.,but i really dont need another one.,.,i noticed that alot of ya'll play and i just want to know for sure how many do.,.,and wut not.,.,.i just want to do some guitar talk and shit cuz their arent that many guitarist around my area to have an actual conversation with......

.............lol and yes.,.,.,i did misspell "here".,.,.,.shhh.,.,dont tell anyone.,.,.,..........:cry:

Well I try to mock around with mine it´s called Fenix, don´t know anything about it, just play it.

At the moment I'm using a cheap Encore Strat Copy, but later this week I'm picking up a brand spanking new Maverick X-1, for the princely sum of five hundred of my hard-earned pounds. Tone and volume rollers set sideways and recessed into the body, twin humbucker pickups, those little-inhibitor thingies that stop the strings going out of tune, ultra-thin neck for extra speed, perfect balance for sitting down practising or standing and rocking out... it's a beauty!
God, I'm smug, aren't I? :)

lol.,.,.one of my older piece of shit guitars is the complete opposite of urs.,.,.lol.,.,.extra thick neck to piss you off.,.,.no balance wut so ever.,.,teh shittiest pickups money can buy.,.,.,lol.,.,damn AX ibanez.,.,.,worst 300$$ i ever spent.,.,.

Originally posted by WarHead
I've been playing for around 6 years and am currently playing on an ibanez rg7.,.,(lol dont flame me for playing a 7-string..

Hey I am keen on buying a 7 stringed ibanez (rg1077xl). these things sound like a million bucks and can broaden your playing perspective (providing you don't use them for nu metal shit :D )

I also like the k7 guitars but there's one downside to them: They are endorsed by Korn :(
I don't know whether I could live with myself knowing that I play a guitar advertised by Munky or Adidas :D

Tell me about your guitar

lol.,.,.one of my older piece of shit guitars is the complete opposite of urs.,.,.lol.,.,.extra thick neck to piss you off.,.,.no balance wut so ever.,.,teh shittiest pickups money can buy.,.,.,lol.,.,damn AX ibanez.,.,.,worst 300$$ i ever spent.,.,.

Argh... sounds awful! I like my new Maverick, 'cos the second I picked it up I was instantly a better player! The guitar shop couldn't get me out of the display room for an hour after they made the mistake of allowing mne to plug it into one of their amps and giving it a try - soon moss of Walsall was rockin' to the intro of 'Am I Evil'... :)

Yeah dude.,.,my good ibanez is an RG 7421XL.,.,.sumthing.,.,not a k -7..,.,but yeah its neck is wierd and takes some getting use to, but its worth is.,,.,.for the top (7th 6th 5th) srting i put thicker gauge strings on em to get a chunkier sound when i down pick.,.,and for the the four i use reg gauge.,.,.i use to tune my shit slightly flat(in standard).,.,like dimebag from Pantera.,.,so i could tweak the strings alittle better.,.,.but it made all of our covers sound sucky.,.,.ummm oh yeah.,.,if you get a seven string with the floyd rose bridge shit, say goodbye to ur whammy bar.,.,cuz it detunes you guitar and shit.,.,.which sux:( .,.,.and it takes like an hour to tune it back up.,.,.but if you dont mess when the whammy, then you wont really have to re tune till a string breaks.,.,..,.,oh yeah.,.,.its priced at around a thousand$$.,.,.but i got my price cut in half.,.,which isnt bad.,.,.,i might want to check out those pick ups from emg .,.,the emg 7's.,.,.they'er made for 7 strings.,.,i dont know how they sound though.,.,

Yeah dude.,.,my good ibanez is an RG 7421XL.,.,.sumthing.,.,not a k -7..,.,but yeah its neck is wierd and takes some getting use to, but its worth is.,,.,.for the top (7th 6th 5th) srting i put thicker gauge strings on em to get a chunkier sound when i down pick.,.,and for the the four i use reg gauge.,.,.i use to tune my shit slightly flat(in standard).,.,like dimebag from Pantera.,.,so i could tweak the strings alittle better.,.,.but it made all of our covers sound sucky.,.,.ummm oh yeah.,.,if you get a seven string with the floyd rose bridge shit, say goodbye to ur whammy bar.,.,cuz it detunes you guitar and shit.,.,.which sux:( .,.,.and it takes like an hour to tune it back up.,.,.but if you dont mess when the whammy, then you wont really have to re tune till a string breaks.,.,..,.,oh yeah.,.,.its priced at around a thousand$$.,.,.but i got my price cut in half.,.,which isnt bad.,.,.,i might want to check out those pick ups from emg .,.,the emg 7's.,.,.they'er made for 7 strings.,.,i dont know how they sound though.,.,

I don't know how the emgs sound for seven stringed guitars but from what I have heard with the 6 stringed ones (played an ESP with emg 81s I think) you can't go wrong by upgrading. Mine also costs a 1000 bucks and I am saving up like hell :D

Shame about the whammy bar I was kinda hoping to kick the shit out of those low tones (hit let's say D on the 7th str. and then bomb it down a couple of tones. yummy :D )

Ummm....I play *cough* bass *cough*.

OK ok so it's the wrong thread....it's still a KIND of guitar!

Anyways it's a Yamaha (forget what model, made in Japan though :) ) 5-string Bass!!! With awesome pickups!! Unlike my old one :err:

Anyways....ANY BASSISTS here?? And what do you play?

. Mine also costs a 1000 bucks and I am saving up like hell

:OMG: .,.,.damn.,.are u getting emg 81 humbuckers.,.,or some that are made by Satan himself.,.,lol.,.,thats some crazy money.,.the ones i saw were like 136$$ each.,.,which ones are ya looking at?.,.,.

Ummm....I play *cough* bass *cough*.

lol.,.,its all good.,.,i dont currently play bass.,.,but i've played on our bassist's bass.,.,.and that shit is crazy.,.you have to press so hard compared to a guitar.,.my fingers would give out after one song.,.,how's the neck on a 5-string?.,.,

Shame about the whammy bar I was kinda hoping to kick the shit out of those low tones (hit let's say D on the 7th str. and then bomb it down a couple of tones. yummy )

yeah you can still do it.,.,and it sounds fuckin awsome.,.,sorta like the begining of MachineHead's- Blood for Blood and JudasPriest's- Jugulator.,.,.,really fun to do.,.,.,.hmmm.,.,.,i think im gonna go do it right now:)

:OMG: .,.,.damn.,.are u getting emg 81 humbuckers.,.,or some that are made by Satan himself.,.,lol.,.,thats some crazy money.,.the ones i saw were like 136$$ each.,.,which ones are ya looking at?.,.,.

No it's not the emgs that cost 1000 bucks but the seven stringed Ibanez I have my eyes on :yow:

have you heard about this program on the internet, Powertab, that plays the midi of a song and simultaneously shows you the tabs for the song? Great stuff, you can learn a lot, I just learned how to play Bach's "Air on a G String". And "Monkey Business" by Skid row :D

have you heard about this program on the internet, Powertab, that plays the midi of a song and simultaneously shows you the tabs for the song? Great stuff, you can learn a lot, I just learned how to play Bach's "Air on a G String". And "Monkey Business" by Skid row

cool.,.,thnx dude.,.ima have to check that out,.,.,i found one site that had that.,.,but it was only like the first 3 bars to "stairway to heaven".,.,.which pissed me off cuz i wanted the rest of the song.,.,

Laney VH100R Head w/ Mesa Cabinets
Gibson Les Paul (gothic)
ESP (Eclipse)
Danelectro Echo Delay
Dunlop Wah

yeah dude.,.how are the mesa cabs.,.,like wuts the wattage?.,.,im using a Randall WarHead halfstack.,.,it has like 300 watts.,.,it lets you tweak ur strings like a bitch .,.,its awsome.,.i would'a checked out some mesa's but they are really exspensive.,.and the store that sells them is far away:cry:
oh yeah.,.,wuts type of wah pedals are good for Slayer/MachineHead type of solos?

Well, I have two guitars, one electric and a nylon. Both are cheap, both are probably crappy, but I'm VERY happy with both of them. Doubt I'll be replacing any of 'em for a few years, hehe.

Anyhoo, my electric is a Peavey Predator, which I bought used. I smack some 0.11 strings on it, and it's cozyriffic. Whether it's truly any good or not, I frankly have no idea. I know -nothing- about guitars. I just play them, heh.

The nylon-string is a cheap Admira Paloma. Again, great for training, sounds good enough for me. Guitar-enthusiasts would probably laugh and say "that sounds like shit", but screw them :D

Oh, and my Amp is just a tiny Peavy amp that I got with my el-guitar. Nothing fancy, an overdrive button that I try to never use, and it goes up way louder than I'll ever need, so I'm happy with it. I have no effects/pedals/racks thingies.

I can't give ya any details aside from that, I don't know crap about pickups etc, heh. I'll wait till I'm good at playing before I worry about having a good guitar, heh. (i've only played 14 months or so anyways, so that'll be a decade or so yet)

-Øystein

I've played the Bass for about 13 years.
I have an old, beat-up Fender, with a 4X10 Hartke cabinet, and 200 watt Gallien-Krueger head.
Sounds descent.

cool.,.,thnx dude.,.ima have to check that out,.,.,i found one site that had that.,.,but it was only like the first 3 bars to "stairway to heaven".,.,.which pissed me off cuz i wanted the rest of the song.,.,

check this site out if you haven't already:

POWERTAB NET

beside the actual program you can find links to sites that have powertabs I found plenty there

I have a 4-stringer strato-clone, which is quite good to play but the sound is quite awful since it has only single coil pickups...
I'm planning to get decent pickups when I have the money.

For recordings I use my friends Ibanez Gio. It's good to play too, because the neck is quite thin.

Also, I play bass a bit. Actually I have been concentrating more on bass playing recently. I have a Washburn, XB-200 I think it is. Although it's not mine, at least not yet, I borrowed it from a mate to do some recording stuff and since he doesn't need it himself there's no hurry to return it. ;)

First things first
. I have a Washburn, XB-200 I think it is.
:headbang: :headbang: i love Washburn.,.,.,their necks are so small compared to my ibanez.,.,.

beside the actual program you can find links to sites that have powertabs I found plenty there

Yeah i download powertab.,.,but im a sissy about it and cant get it to work.,.,where do you download the midi files? i really suck with this.,.do you covert mp3s to midi?.,.,i cant wait.,.,.i want to tab out some Carcass or sumthin,.,.,

Yeah i download powertab.,.,but im a sissy about it and cant get it to work.,.,where do you download the midi files? i really suck with this.,.do you covert mp3s to midi?.,.,i cant wait.,.,.i want to tab out some Carcass or sumthin,.,., [/B]

What do you not know how to do? Write the tabs yourself or play the already done powertab files?