Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Bent

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters

Neurotomania

Just here for the beer
Mar 17, 2003
Bristol, UK
I got banned from the dick theater forums for saying I don't like the band. OK so I used the words cock and sucks, but my opinion is still valid. They just ban anyone who says anything bad against their pointless, whingy widdling flat voiced old man shite keyboard bollocks.

bollocks is what it is. lets all talk about how much we don't like dream theater.
if anyone likes them, go post in another thread.

Reactions: Toorop
Neurotomania said:
I got banned from the dick theater forums for saying I don't like the band. OK so I used the words cock and sucks, but my opinion is still valid. They just ban anyone who says anything bad against their pointless, whingy widdling flat voiced old man shite keyboard bollocks.

bollocks is what it is. lets all talk about how much we don't like dream theater.
if anyone likes them, go post in another thread.

Jealousy is a curse!!

I love Dream Theater and have done since 1994, so you can fuck off back the Marilyn Manson board or wherever you came from!!

Hey Neurotomania.. you N00b....incase u didnt know...this board is not here to tear down bands.....couldnt u come up with some creative thread.....like about "Sausages" or something...more productive than this shit...

Dream Theatre are a very skilled band.....and so what if the singer is not the best....at least you can enjoy the brilliant drumming, keys, guitar and bass!

i like Dream theater.... it isn't all technical skill, though that is a big appeal to me. They do write some beautiful melodies... and they write songs in ways most people wouldn't think of. That is NOT technical skill... it is actual knowledge and composition.

you don't have to like them... but all too often i see such uninformed and thin reasons to hate them. Can't you just say "i think the singer has to high and whiny a voice"? EVEN THOUGH that is such a tiny aspect of the music... i could accept that... but i wonder if those people even really paid attention to the rest of it? Again, you don't have to like DT, but i hear some amazing things from them i don't hear comming from other bands the same way. That's all it is really :p

I didn't like DT for the longest time but that was all down to the vocals. Have to say that I still don't like the vocals but you have to marvel at Portnoy and Petrucci's technical ability and they haven't stopped me from picking up a few of their albums.

personally, i see nothing wrong with being cheesy. or pretentious. dream theater will remain in my top 5 bands list.. they are great live.

and yeh, if you are gonna do a poll, whats the fucking point in making them both negative answers?

personally, i dont have a problem with LaBrie. he has a high voice.. so fucking what? so does bruce dickinson, rob halford and a lot more, who i also like.

and saying they cant write songs just makes me think you've never listened to them...

one of the worst bands I know...at least for me their music sounds too boring, mechanic and, you know, they have too many parts totally useless, performed just to show us "wow, the play a lot!"
well, that's my opinion.

Nugent Goes AOL said:
Who cares about technical prowess when you can't write a good goddamn song.

They're so fucking cheesy that I hear Wisconsin is going to be re-named "Dream Theater". It's true, kids.

Like I said: Dream Theater doesn't have only technical skills, but they're very talented in writing good songs. Just listen to Scenes from a memory (I guess you already did). You can hear that the melodies in the intro are coming back later in the next songs. If you REALLY listen to the structure of the songs, you can hear that DT makes great compositions.

What's is btw the problem of being techical? If you can play your instrument very well, why aren't you allowed to let it hear in your music. For example, John Petrucci: he is a very technical player. He composes great technical solo's/lead's without losing the melodic content of it. You can hear that his solo's aren't just solo's, but they're part of the song.

So, the combination of technical and compositional skills makes Dream Theater a great band to listen to. :)

I am sorry, I have never had a problem with James Labrie he was half the reason why I listen to DT, I love high vocals, the Halford and Dickinson comparisons are well brought up, I also listen to many other prog bands with high vocals, old Elegy, Fates Warning, Queensryche etc. etc. it is a style, and a very talented one at that and Labrie is a trained Opera Vocalist, at least he is putting that talent to good music.
In saying that, Labries vocals have actually dropped in quality a little every album but on IMAGES AND WORDS, AWAKE and A CHANGE OF SEASONS, they were almost unbeatable IMO.

I challenge anyone to listen to SCARRED off AWAKE and not be moved, it is one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard, and will reign in my greatest songs of all time.

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it!!!!:hotjump: