Who here hates dream theater with a vengeance

Dream Theater are -

• A travesty of human nature

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Bent

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
ChrisEmerson said:
make your fucking mind up... your argument just lost all credibility.

and no, theres nothing narrow minded about not liking something, but you are narrow minded, looking at some of the stuff you've said / your general attitude.

so stop come crying to some other forum when you get kicked out of one, and stop slagging off bands, thats just lame.

goading people into arguments is so easy - hey I got a 5 page thread with well over 100 posts on it by constantly saying something that gets everyone posting again and thats the point of the forum isn't it :D

you can tell which are the dt fans and which aren't - the dt fans have about the worst attitude of any fanboard I've ever seen - just check it out if you don't believe me. they say really stupid stuff like 'music is an artform and dream theater are its masterpiece' and get really pissed off if you say you like led zeppelin or alice in chains lol......

wow... good argument...

metallica were kind of progressive...

and i post all the time on the John Petrucci forum and you know what? probably 90% of the peopel there like alice in chains... and like 70% of them like led zeppelin... so i don't know where you learned that DT fans don't like those bands....

Neurotomania said:
you can tell which are the dt fans and which aren't - the dt fans have about the worst attitude of any fanboard I've ever seen - just check it out if you don't believe me. they say really stupid stuff like 'music is an artform and dream theater are its masterpiece' and get really pissed off if you say you like led zeppelin or alice in chains lol......

at least im not the one wasting everyones time by posting on another bands forum (and not even on the off topic forum) saying 'who hates xxxxx band??' just because they pissed you off on another forum. you said you hated them, they kicked you out. deal with it, stop coming crying to another forum.

ChrisEmerson said:
at least im not the one wasting everyones time by posting on another bands forum (and not even on the off topic forum) saying 'who hates xxxxx band??' just because they pissed you off on another forum. you said you hated them, they kicked you out. deal with it, stop coming crying to another forum.

Hurrah!!!!!

Once again Fuck off Neurotomaniac Troll!!!:)

I think this topic comes up every few months- many find Dream Theater to be musical hedonists- I personally do.

Dream Theater is not my cup of tea- although I like the song Home- yet if someone digs them- who cares- they are talented. I know I am not going to go to a concert- or buy one of their cd's- or even download one of their songs. I personally would rather groove to The Monkey's- over Dream Theater.

Yet, I think the point many are making is the arrogance of dream theater fans- I have a friend who thinks they are the best band ever- I of course have dissagreed repeatedly- he goes ballistic - every time going on about all the special musical abilities of Dream theater. I hope this doesnt happen with all dream theater fans- but the few people I know whom like dream theater- will really go nuts if you say anything remotely derrogatory about Dream theater- its like the band is a religion.

Kate Bush Rules! said:
OK sdo you think that Opeth are unoriginal? Now you've really lost it. BTW, Metallica broke the barriers for metal back in the 80s.

thus making my point for me. There is a difference between a band that is progressive in nature and a band that in progressive in genre. Genres piss me off... when and why would opeth every be unoriginal? and when did I say that? progressive doesn't mean original. look at dream theater for instance, kings of the 'progressive' genre yet all they do is rip off other people, sticking a mish mash of different styles together to create a big mess of music - you buy an album, theres bits that sound like metallica, bits that sound like rush, bits that sound like floyd - nothing that sounds original.
You buy an opeth album - and you hear something you've never quite heard before..... but they're highly original - not progressive (same with metallica pre 1986) plus I think you made my point for me - metallica broke the boundarys of M E T A L
thus they are a M E T A L band, albeit highly original. Dream Theater are a P R O G R E S S I V E band (in the sense of the genre, not genuinely progressive) and Opeth are just........ well, Opeth.

I think this topic comes up every few months- many find Dream Theater to be musical hedonists- I personally do.

Dream Theater is not my cup of tea- although I like the song Home- yet if someone digs them- who cares- they are talented. I know I am not going to go to a concert- or buy one of their cd's- or even download one of their songs. I personally would rather groove to The Monkey's- over Dream Theater.

Yet, I think the point many are making is the arrogance of dream theater fans- I have a friend who thinks they are the best band ever- I of course have dissagreed repeatedly- he goes ballistic - every time going on about all the special musical abilities of Dream theater. I hope this doesnt happen with all dream theater fans- but the few people I know whom like dream theater- will really go nuts if you say anything remotely derrogatory about Dream theater- its like the band is a religion.

Yeah. Just take a look on the dt or portnoy forums and you see it all the time - I dared to say that portnoy was a good drummer but not my favourite by far - preferring the likes of donati for pure skill, bonham for pure feel and lopez for pure originality - look where it gets you. MIKE PORTNOY IS THE BEST DRUMMER EVER! no hes not. MIKE PORTNOY INVENTED DOUBLE BASS DRUMMING! no he didn't. It goes on and on. Petrucci just plays as many notes as he can within one bar and wouldn't know a good solo if it bit his nipples off. The only member of dt I genuinely still enjoy is Myung - the absolute powerhouse of a bassist.... slightly unecessary amount of notes in some basslines I might say, but he's a monster nevertheless.