Who here hates dream theater with a vengeance

Dream Theater are -

• A travesty of human nature

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Bent

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
Its the same with Rush...you either hate em or love them...there is no other way...i know like 837429837 people who hate Rush and know the same amount who love them...DT is the same way, of course where i live people dont really know who DT is...and im possibly the only Opeth fan in a good 20 mile radius...o_O

Dude! Dream Theater fucking rocks!
headbob.gif

Dream Theater are probably the worst so-called "progressive" band ever. Someone tell me what they do that's progressive? They are retro if anything. And it's not only LaBrie that makes their music suck, it's whoever plays keyboards too. And Liquid Tension Experiment makes Yanni sound like brutal death, it's so flaming that it makes straight men gay in a 50 mile radius.

Neurotomania said:
I got banned from the dick theater forums for saying I don't like the band.
If you hate DT so much then why did you register at their forums? And why does your name bear a really obvious resemblance to their *flagship* instrumental "Erotomania"?

illbeleavinnow said:
And btw, I stopped listening to Dream Theater when I started listening to Symphony X.
That's odd when on consideres that SyX are not as good as DT. Way more cheesiness, more predictable and formulaic and they make 6DOIT sound like the freshest music since Stravinsky. Nearly every Michael Romeo riff and solo sounds the same and I can't name a whole lot of Symphony X songs with emotion. I have 3 of their albums.

You've got admit its funny though. each to their own I say. most people like Tatu just be glad we're all in the same ball park lol :D

plattopus said:
... which is exactly why this thread is fucking MORONIC. It's all about taste, and people are bitching at each other because they don't like the same music.

What a bunch of morons.

Amen, brother!

What counts to me is this...Dream Theater ROCKS!!!

yeah i hate them, eversince theres this place and then you go to others mainstream forum and everyone talk about band liek dt, opeth, dream theater, etc and now every metallica fan you see at the malls claim to listen to this, and how they think it is true "
headbob.gif
".and for the fucking last time, opeth is not 'progressive' metal

im not fan of dream theater at all but i do respect them as musicians to some extent but i much prefer guitar players like jesper stromblad who have a lot more melody and feeling in their music or someone like alexi liaho with his technical melodies etc. He rules !

i got into Opeth before DT..i heard Metroplis Pt1 and and i liked it although James killed it for me..Pull Me Under was good as well..for a time i only listened to 3 songs...Glass Prision, Metroplis Pt. 1 and Pull Me Under.
i came to my sense and like them alot more..

Neurotomania said:
Who here hates dream theater with a vengeance?

Neurotomania said:
dream theater are alright I suppose.

Neurotomania said:
theres nothing narrow minded about not liking something because you think its a pile of crap.

make your fucking mind up... your argument just lost all credibility.

and no, theres nothing narrow minded about not liking something, but you are narrow minded, looking at some of the stuff you've said / your general attitude.

so stop come crying to some other forum when you get kicked out of one, and stop slagging off bands, thats just lame.

I don't see what's so bad about Dream Theater's vocals...? If you want to hear some shit vocals listen to Angra. :Spin:

maharet said:
Its the same with Rush...you either hate em or love them...there is no other way...i know like 837429837 people who hate Rush and know the same amount who love them...DT is the same way, of course where i live people dont really know who DT is...and im possibly the only Opeth fan in a good 20 mile radius...o_O

I'll have to disagree :p I don't hate Rush, but I do hate their vocalist... and I'm not at all a Rush fan.