Who here hates dream theater with a vengeance

Dream Theater are -

• A travesty of human nature

Votes: 20 60.6%
  • Bent

Votes: 13 39.4%

• Total voters
I think it's pretty hillarious that this NEUROTMANIA (or whatever) guy is so obviously pissed off because the moderators of the DT board used him like a piece of toilet paper on a diarrhea coated ass. After getting shit on, he immediately ran to this forum to vent and attempt to make himself feel a little better. And by the way, chances are he DOES like DreamTheater. I suspect his name is a take off on the Band's song "Erotomania" I mean this fuck was POSTING ON THE DREAM THEATER BOARD - which means one of two things must be true: 1) He likes the band. or 2) He is SUCH a looser with so much free time on his hands that he actually has nothing better to do than log on to a website he has no interest in for the sole purpose of pissing off the people there. And he's pissed that they banned him. That's funny stuff. I'm glad I'm me and not this guy.

Still wish I was Eminem though. :)

I dig Dream Theater. I haven't listened to them in a while, but Images & Words, Awake, A Change of Seasons, and Scenes from a Memory all rule.

I like Liquid Tension Experiment way better, though, on the first album especially.

Erm...., they're not bad. They need to LOSE that singer though, and work on band dynamics more. Seems their songs don't really breathe much, and sound too clinical and scripted.

I used to like them, but they're not really my thing anymore.

Neurotomania said:
I got banned from the dick theater forums for saying I don't like the band. OK so I used the words cock and sucks, but my opinion is still valid. They just ban anyone who says anything bad against their pointless, whingy widdling flat voiced old man shite keyboard bollocks.

bollocks is what it is. lets all talk about how much we don't like dream theater.
if anyone likes them, go post in another thread.

Pretty lame that you have to go into the Dream Theater baord just to say they suck cock, and then cum here and make a thread about it. Dont' you have anything better to do?

Dream Theater kicks ass!

Schism said:
I am sorry, I have never had a problem with James Labrie he was half the reason why I listen to DT, I love high vocals, the Halford and Dickinson comparisons are well brought up, I also listen to many other prog bands with high vocals, old Elegy, Fates Warning, Queensryche etc. etc. it is a style, and a very talented one at that and Labrie is a trained Opera Vocalist, at least he is putting that talent to good music.
In saying that, Labries vocals have actually dropped in quality a little every album but on IMAGES AND WORDS, AWAKE and A CHANGE OF SEASONS, they were almost unbeatable IMO.

I challenge anyone to listen to SCARRED off AWAKE and not be moved, it is one of the most emotional songs I have ever heard, and will reign in my greatest songs of all time.

That's my opinion and I am sticking to it!!!!:hotjump:

I too love Labrie's vocals, but live? Oh man! Live, James just destroys everything he has ever recorded on thier albums. And stage presence, FUCK, he has one of my favorite stage presences of all my favorites musicians. I

disgree though that his vocals have lost some quality. I assume you say that becuase he cannot go as high as he could back in the days of Images & Words. I don't think that losing range means you've lost quiality, there is much more to singing than how high you can go. The mighty Dio once said of singing: "You loose range, but you gain esperience."

All I'm really trying to say is, James Labrie is, I think a kick ass vocalist. Despite his loss of range, he surley makes up for it.

Kajor said:
dream theater may appear in E! among with their friends, Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Lopez and all of those cocksuckers that makes music to sell.
they really suck and they're as boring as pink floyd.

It seems as though you have a well-educated informed opinion, thank you for gracing us on this board with your presence and wisdom. May you die a horrible death. That is all.

Metal88 said:
I think it's pretty hillarious that this NEUROTMANIA (or whatever) guy is so obviously pissed off because the moderators of the DT board used him like a piece of toilet paper on a diarrhea coated ass. After getting shit on, he immediately ran to this forum to vent and attempt to make himself feel a little better. And by the way, chances are he DOES like DreamTheater. I suspect his name is a take off on the Band's song "Erotomania" I mean this fuck was POSTING ON THE DREAM THEATER BOARD - which means one of two things must be true: 1) He likes the band. or 2) He is SUCH a looser with so much free time on his hands that he actually has nothing better to do than log on to a website he has no interest in for the sole purpose of pissing off the people there. And he's pissed that they banned him. That's funny stuff. I'm glad I'm me and not this guy.

Still wish I was Eminem though. :)

Actually dude - I was posting in the mike portnoy forums - I've been posting there for quite a while and have friends on that board - just because I don't like dt doesn't mean I don't like a few portnoy side projects or portnoy himself. secondly, my name isn't a take on the song erotomania (and besides, that song is cool, it doesn't have any vocals lol) its merely a name that I've actually stopped using (now switched to black paragon, I just didn't want to lose my post count :D ) because of the apparent dream theater link, which was wholeheartedly unintentional.
Thirdly, you want to be eminem. that makes you lower than low.

God this thread is fun

i dont mind dream theatre... but im not a super fan.

im very attracted to certian parts of their music... but i struggle to enjoy full songs. i think they are grea musicanships who lack direction or soemthing because i just find myself suddenly losing interest when certian bits in songs come.

jester00 said:
i dont mind dream theatre... but im not a super fan.

im very attracted to certian parts of their music... but i struggle to enjoy full songs. i think they are grea musicanships who lack direction or soemthing because i just find myself suddenly losing interest when certian bits in songs come.

Who asked for your opinion?? LOL:p

How you doing jester??

I own most of their CDs. I think it's good stuff. I can appreciate the crazy music for what it is. It stimulates some part of my brain that other things don't. I'm not saying it's "intelligent person music" or whatever. God, I hate when DT fans pull that out in an argument. I don't think they're all skill and no emotion either. Most of the songs are fairly weighty. Some just happen to have extended jams thrown in. That's more of a matter of tastefulness than the other thing. At least the band members themselves don't seem too serious about it.

Dream Theater fecking owns...I am a proghead and i find them to rock my socks. I dont understand why people hate Progressive music so much..im like one in a million folks...and i think LeBrie's vocals are just fine thanks..i wouldnt have it any other way...If DT never existed, i would be a sad panda...In fact, i turned a friend into a DT fan...lol! Of course the poor fool had to ask me what "Progressive metal" is...LMAO!! hahaha!