Who is better than Pink Floyd?

S4R

gooey
Sep 7, 2001
.il.us
Come on now, really, what band is better than Pink Floyd? :D I can't think of anyone.

Well, I'm not into Floyd, but some damn great bands are influenced by them, so there must be something there!! Maybe I need to listen to more of their tunes (though Goodbye Blue Sky is one of the greatest song ever written!).

Here's an AMAZING progressive band that cite Floyd as an influence. I think you all ought to check them out. One of the better things I've heard in ages. they're named Kopecky.

http://artists.mp3s.com/artist_song/799/799739.html

Do it!! Now!!!

Better ? Wrong criteria. Is Anathema better than Pink Floyd ?

-------------------------------------
NP: Jan Garbarek Group - Twelve Moons

Pretty much anyone's better than Floyd!!!!!!!!!!!:mad:

I'm sorry, I've just never 'got' them. I think the main thing that counts against them is that fucking annoying 'Money' song- yes, I know they're being clever with that ostinato bass thing, but that song annoys the hell out of me (and then there's that 'Brick..' song....). It's strange really, I love alot of bands that have been influenced by them (Anathema, The Gathering, ...In the Woods), but I just really don't like Pink Floyd.

I don't know if anyone's better.. but that's not really how to compare bands.

Floyd's work is so grandiose, and if you hear the remastered cds on a good stereo, there's a lot more there than meets the eye. Some really innovative use of early electronics, a lot of sampling, and incredible guitar.

You don't have to like their hooks or their sound, but you can't deny the talent and innovation behind it.

I would like to thank everyone for agreeing Pink Floyd is the best band ever. And in conclusion a man cannot be forced to testify against his wife.

This question begs the arguement of taste and opinions - so I'll join in the fray:

IMO - Pink Floyd is overrated, and does nothing for me - they are deep down on my list of favorites. [Tool also fits this category for me, but thats a discussion for another day] But, since they are #1 on your list, that's OK for you, and I will not berate you for your taste in music. In my walk of life, when I say Opeth is my #1, I have 3 heads.

Oh well.:D