Enslaved - RUUN

Misseriah

Mothernature is a MILF
Mar 10, 2006
The thread on this album "disappeared" This album is amazing. It has a common, flowing song pattern much like Pink Floyd. They use a lot of the same progressions in every song, but I think it makes it better because it ties the album in as one complete thought...imo. Thoughts?

Great album, my favorite of '06 thus far. It's good to see Opeth have some actual competition in the extreme metal/prog niche.

And to think I didn't like this album at first listen..

Essence and Ruun are my favorite tracks, very epic.

I like Enslaved quite a bit.

I don't dislike RUUN, but after a few listens, it still hasn't done anything special for me. It's an Ok album, but maybe it will grow on me.

WHAT?! .. i honestly am so pissed off with myself.. i seem to miss the release of the albums of every band i like!

How long has it been out then?!

Ruun isn't out yet. It will be released first in Norway on May 8th.
I guess Moonlapse will delete this thread as well. He seems to have a thing against discussing leaks. Many have legally access to promos.

He can't delete threads, he just locks them. He can tell Anna or Daren to delete them.

Lokasenna said:
I guess Moonlapse will delete this thread as well. He seems to have a thing against discussing leaks. Many have legally access to promos.

The last thread on this subject was deleted by Anna. You'll have to take it up w/ her for specifics.... but my guess is that this particular thread treads too closely to:

The Opeth forum is NOT for:
- Distribute unreleased Opeth material
- Link to and share Opeth bootlegs
- Other bands to promote their new albums, websites or any other kinds of
promotion.
- Topics that are not related to Opeth.
- Badmouthing other bands. If you feel the need to critizize, please do so
with a constructive insight.
- Harrassing the band members, forum members or other public persons.

Found here. It's probably worth a glance....

Misseriah said:
He can't delete threads, he just locks them. He can tell Anna or Daren to delete them.

Also grossly inaccurate. Moonlapse, Myself and Anna (Opeth.com) all have the rights to lock, delete, ban, etc....:Smug: and we have been VERY lenient.

After a short stay of execution... I'm going to delete this as well.

I was under the impression that Anna deleted the original thread because the album itself wasn't released yet. Discussing leaked material isn't just immoral, it's downright stupid. The band themselves frown upon leaks, and it's my belief that the people involved in these threads are lucky to simply have walked away with a deleted thread.

The fact that the thread starter wrote 'Thoughts?' at the end of his post implied that he assumed more people would have heard the album, prior to its official release. I find it extremely hard to believe that the amount of people who participate in these threads all aquired the promo copies legally.

As Mr Samsara said, ALL of us have the power to do much more than just 'lock' threads, so please be considerate to Enslaved and the official release date of the album.

Not discussing leaks is perfectly understandable, but I was under the impression that pretty much anything music related was fair game nowadays. There's about a million different threads for all sorts of different bands here.

As far as we're concerned, it's okay, as long as it's not self-promotion. Ocassionally Opeth.com will come along and delete an odd one or two, for which I personally can't really account for.

I suppose it's in a sense a courtesy offered by Mr Samsara and myself. We still aren't 'technically' meant to allow other music discussion. So you get the aforementioned happening every now and then.

Moonlapse said:
The fact that the thread starter wrote 'Thoughts?' at the end of his post implied that he assumed more people would have heard the album, prior to its official release. I find it extremely hard to believe that the amount of people who participate in these threads all aquired the promo copies legally.
heresay