Who of you all does DIY car repairs?

Loren Littlejohn

Lover of all boobage.
So I changed the breaks on my 2000 malibu. This is not something that is new to me, I had to do the pads and the rotors (warped rotor, shit sucks) last year around this time :mad:. My mistake is I used cheapo ones (like $20). They were noisy and wore out in a year, so word to the wise don't buy them spring for the slightly more expensive ones.

Anyhow all that aside, I put on a nice pair ($80) this time around. The issue I am having that I have never had before is I can now press my break pedal all the way to the floor. I do stop, but not on a dime. I made sure to take care not to get any grease on the pads or the rotor surface (because duh that's just not what you do).

So my thought is I don't have enough break fluid, I didn't have this issue the last time around and none leaked out when I compressed the calipers all the way down (to get the assembly back around the pads).

So my thoughts are that I should take both tires back off, re compress the calipers back down all the way and fill the break fluid all the way up (if there is any room for more).

Sound like a good idea?

Add some brake fluid if needed, pump the pedal a few times, see how it is after that. You might have gotten air in the lines, at which point you'll just need to bleed the brakes.