Car Accident ....

Sorry to hear man. I know it's already been said, but don't worry, it always gets better. I was in an accident in Oct 06 that should have killed me, and left me $75,000 in the hole. 2 years later and I have all those bills paid off and have money to blow on Diezels and Bogners :kickass: I don't even have a real job :lol: It just takes some hard work and time to get everything straight.

Just remember, he can't sue you if you have no money to be sued for. Most likely his lawyer will push to sue the insurance company. That's how it worked in my case. They wanted to sue me, but when the lawyers saw that I had no job and was a college student, they told me it wouldn't be worth the hassle and ended up getting about $100,000 out of my insurance company. Mind you I didn't injure anyone, it was all people wanting to get their lawns fixed from the grass being torn up by my car. Funny thing is, 2 years later and those people never fixed the lawns. Wonder where all that money went.....

Sorry to hear man. I know it's already been said, but don't worry, it always gets better. I was in an accident in Oct 06 that should have killed me, and left me $75,000 in the hole. 2 years later and I have all those bills paid off and have money to blow on Diezels and Bogners :kickass: I don't even have a real job :lol: It just takes some hard work and time to get everything straight.

Just remember, he can't sue you if you have no money to be sued for. Most likely his lawyer will push to sue the insurance company. That's how it worked in my case. They wanted to sue me, but when the lawyers saw that I had no job and was a college student, they told me it wouldn't be worth the hassle and ended up getting about $100,000 out of my insurance company. Mind you I didn't injure anyone, it was all people wanting to get their lawns fixed from the grass being torn up by my car. Funny thing is, 2 years later and those people never fixed the lawns. Wonder where all that money went.....

The wife and I just settled our case, after 13 years and she's had numerous spinal disc fusions because of it.

At any rate, their lawyer doesn't even really care about you, unless you have alot of assets, etc they can go after I wouldnt worry about it. Most likely in a few months your insurance with offer the "injured" the minimum coverage amount of your policy--usually 15 or 25k, if he takes it great no more worries, if not and they demand more (you know how greedy lawyers are) it may move to depositions, in which case you go and give your account of the events. If by some chance they dont settle and it goes to trial then there are 2 phases--the fault phase and the award phase, you would be concerned with the first. And all that is involved with that is once again you take the stand and give your account of the accident--speed, direction, etc. At that point the jury assigns a percentage of fault to you and to the other driver, in our case it was found the other driver was 100% at fault. And after that its over for you

How's your back doing?

My back is doing much better now! It's just everything that's going on with the wreck that's getting me now :erk:

haha That blows the shit out of my story! Good to hear everything is OK now. The greed is what pisses me off.. I can't believe they didn't use it to fix their lawns. Bastards!!! :heh:

The wife and I just settled our case, after 13 years and she's had numerous spinal disc fusions because of it.

At any rate, their lawyer doesn't even really care about you, unless you have alot of assets, etc they can go after I wouldnt worry about it. Most likely in a few months your insurance with offer the "injured" the minimum coverage amount of your policy--usually 15 or 25k, if he takes it great no more worries, if not and they demand more (you know how greedy lawyers are) it may move to depositions, in which case you go and give your account of the events. If by some chance they dont settle and it goes to trial then there are 2 phases--the fault phase and the award phase, you would be concerned with the first. And all that is involved with that is once again you take the stand and give your account of the accident--speed, direction, etc. At that point the jury assigns a percentage of fault to you and to the other driver, in our case it was found the other driver was 100% at fault. And after that its over for you

I know I'll be fucked in the fault phase... damn... well in the mean time I'll just listen to this most appropriate song

Last edited by a moderator: